posted on 1/5/14 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote

scootz

posted on 2/5/14 at 02:39 AM Reply With Quote
Looking good!

It's Evolution Baby!

Ivan

posted on 2/5/14 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Love the colour.

That air intake is just plain intimidating - no problem with drawing in hot air there

boosted

posted on 2/5/14 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Did an afternoon session today at castle combe......all good....car flys.....Im racing monday first ever race. Gonna take it steady just hoping for a trouble free finish. On 888s 1.19 so hopefully with slicks and more seat time 1.16 the aim .....bit later in the year! scary going over avon rise at silly speed....didnt dare look at tacho eyes where popping out staring at traffic lights!

Theres a caterham thats doing 1.12s in my race series ...awesome.

wylliezx9r

posted on 2/5/14 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
I think you need some more venting on your bonnet LOL.

Good luck with the race and a big thumbs up for going for such a left-field engine choice.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

boosted

posted on 4/5/14 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
vented ha ha....yes its a rotary they run hot due to firing every combustion cycle....and loud hence the massive silencer.

In fact the bulge is purely to make room for the throttle body as i raised the engine as sump clearance was very low.

It is in fact a bonnet scoop from a mitsubishi L200 ..£25 on ebay.

boosted

posted on 4/5/14 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
had some fun with offsets so gotta run with diff coloured wheels as this is best set up at mo....

bert n ernie coming along for the ride to remind me not to be a muppet...getting nervous now prob start from the back of the pack for first race just after a finish !

boosted

posted on 4/5/14 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
all loaded up and ready togo....gotta hopefully pass scrutineering....and have some fun.....under no illusions theres some bigs boys taking part some 600 + bhp evos....just wanna finish.. Nerves have lifted abit got nothing to prove bucket list for me.
boosted

posted on 6/5/14 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
had some fun....ha ha...

first race outta way!

had a dnf....but loved it.....cars a bit thirsty ....i ran outta fuel lap 10...wont happen again...

lots of potential running at the back on 888s need me some slicks .

loved it though

boosted

posted on 6/5/14 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AiLk8O2M_k

qualification.

boosted

posted on 20/5/14 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
13" wheels and slicks to go on car...need to get new brakes as my Wilwood dynalites are 2 big (280mm) so gonna switch to powerlite and 260mm... not racing til upgraded!
boosted

posted on 18/6/14 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
quick update: has not blown up yet ha ha!... trying to make it quicker by going down to 13"....cant find any wheels anywhere!....re-mot'd so been out getting temps in order, added 2nd oil cooler which has sorted that. a playskools front arb has gone on. lost the rear diffuser due to parachute effect...mighty scary! no point racing on 15" just goona come last in class and learn car on bad set up.

i do like rotaries !

boosted

posted on 20/6/14 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
13" team dynamics ordered and yoko a005 ordered compromise for this year but will be on 13" and slicks rear soon!.
boosted

posted on 6/7/14 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
complete pita but 13" wheels are on ! and brand new slicks.

boosted

posted on 6/7/14 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
geo next.

MilesH

posted on 6/7/14 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
What championship are you running in. I assume it's the sports and GT but which class does the car compete in?

[Edited on 6/7/14 by MilesH]

boosted

posted on 7/7/14 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate,

Castle Combe special gts. they've separated the sports now and they have there own series so no radicals bearing down on you !

Only done 1 race and this year moving to developmental! and expensive ! I have the smallest engine at 1300cc! but rotaries are nobbled by a co-eff of 1.7 so puts me in Class A with the Evos !

I could've raced every 1 apart from the first but everybody else on slicks so in for a penny and all that and ive come this far seems daft not to do the upgrades. Aim this year is to finish on same lap as the winner...Not sure possible.

Funds are getting low tbh as spent over budget and race entry fees spent on new calipers, wheels and tyres! lol old set up has sold so got some dosh for geo and testing friday!

Its a double header this weekend but not making any decisions on entry til we test!

1 race £225.00 15 mins qualify 18 mins race!

Track day £170.00! . I still need to learn the car bigtime so will see what friday throws at me!

boosted

posted on 12/7/14 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo28klUXd6k

ooppss!

Bit sore today.

time to mend.

was a hoot! Car was sublime

Driver error me thinks cant remember was on transition from brake to throttle, over analysis now.

Top chassis rail bent among other things!

No regrets was pushing on.

boosted

posted on 13/7/14 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
rear ns collar had unwound out on track. these shock only have 1 collar and no grub screw? It had unwound 10mm difference that the other.

boosted

posted on 13/7/14 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
shes level here at start of day!

you can see she sat down lower on ns only when i supported front could i see sat down on ns rear.

boosted

posted on 13/7/14 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
offside

nearside

i was riding the kerbs but surely these should not unwind themselves?

MilesH

posted on 13/7/14 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
I can't help on the suspension question, but just wanted to say sorry to see the damage and I hope you get it sorted with minimal cost.
boosted

posted on 14/7/14 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks mate what's done is done and i take satisfaction that i got down to 1.17 round combe that is not to shabby at all. The rx8 engine is running perfectly all temps in check and my hardwork over the last 7 months was paying off the car felt sublime.

I also know now that it was not driver error. Ive been tracking at Combe for 15 years and aside a couple of spins thats it and ive always pushed on.

I was out on a session to push race distance and 11 mins in everything was stable oil temp and coolant temp which is great as these beastie rotarys run hot. Noise was fine no driveby exceed.

Car damage wise its a chassis repair to top rail on the front and looks like rear axle has moved over a little...i thought it was a lot but the mismatch ride height made it look worse.

Engine gearbox and all ancillaries are intact and undamaged.

wheels run true left right up down but need to be checked on balancer. Could have been allot worse and i could've seriously

hurt myself.

With coming to the end of the build funds are very low so dont think it'll be out again this year.

Just still cant believe the spring collar unwound like that a good 10mm which is multiple turns the other 3 have not moved atall.

boosted

posted on 14/7/14 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Spoke to shock/spring supplier and told would not be cause due to low poundage of spring. And unheard of that they unwind themselves. Should have preload on them which it did 55mm from thread !

Ride height was massively different nsr to osr. Its the only thing i found.

but ....
and/or other factors caliper drag, fluids on circuits etc...chalk it up to experience.

will be junking calipers for new.

Locking collars to be fitted shocks.

Thats all folks miracle if out this year!

gaz_gaz

posted on 14/7/14 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
What a shame.
Have you got your Hayward engine fitted?
I know in his ts and cs a crash usually cancels the engine warranty

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.