Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Finishing my car building adventure
panichat

posted on 11/2/23 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Finishing my car building adventure

Hi all
Times and situations change, so after 3 years building and 13 years driving a Ron Champion spec Locost, I am considering what to do with my car. I need the space for other (non car) projects and I'm not using it as much as I would like.
Ideally I would like to sell it to someone as a basis for their new project. Although it is MOTed and on the road, I wouldn't wish to pass it on to someone who doesn't have an appreciation of the safety limitations of the vehicle - no power assistance, crumple zones or airbags.
I would welcome people's opinions really. Do you think there would there be any interest in a fairly tired locost with IVA tested homemade chassis and a working 1.3 xfow?
I am based in Worcestershire, UK.
Cheers
Dave

perksy

posted on 11/2/23 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Anything will sell if its the right money

I wouldn't worry too much about who would buy it as I'm sure they would have done their homework and know what they were getting into

I used to find on club runs (Westfields) that some prospective owners would turn up for a passenger ride and then say at the end of it either "Yes their Definitely for me" OR "Thanks but its not what I thought it would be"

Any prospective buyers money is as good as anybody else

I'd leave it until the spring as that way you'll stand the best chance of moving it on to a new home and for the best price you can

panichat

posted on 11/2/23 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, you are right, of course, these things are the buyers responsibility. I am just thinking about what a feckless individual I was as a 20 year old. I would have jumped in and driven any vehicle without having a clue what I was doing.
Thanks for the advice.
Dave

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.