Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX9R engine cradle
Macca

posted on 28/10/02 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
ZX9R engine cradle

Does anybody do a cradle for this motor for fitting into a Book chassis or is it easy enough to fabricate the mounts myself.Have seen a few pics of bolt-in type cradles but I assume they have been ordered from new and not fitted retrospectivley(where the hell did that word come from?).
Cheers Col.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 28/10/02 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Stuart Taylor do one for the blade, so I assume they'd now do one for the ZX9 too. I fitted my ST cradle into an MK book chassis, all that needed doing was welding the engine diagonal in a different position and welding on 4 vertical plates on the top rail/diagonal for the cradle to bolt to. Having said that, it wouldnt be too tricky to make the whole cradle anyway and save yourself from having to adapt your chassis to fit.

Chris

[Edited on 28/10/02 by ChrisGamlin]

Wadders

posted on 28/10/02 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Stuart Taylor do one for the blade, so I assume they'd now do one for the ZX9.

Yes they do one for the zed,i know cos iv'e got one, from memory i think it was about £70 + vat.
If you fancy saving some dosh by making your own, i'll gladly send you some photos with dimensions etc.
Just let me know.

Cheers

Al

Jasper

posted on 28/10/02 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Make your own...

Made a ST copy(ish) up in about 1 hour and saved the cash. If you've gotta weld bits anyway then just make it up in 1" box. I didn't bother with bush mounts, just hard mounted it, if it's ok in the bike it should be fine in the car.

Photos are in the archive when it's back live.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.