Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: brake pipe chassis brackets
RedAvon

posted on 3/5/10 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
brake pipe chassis brackets

Tried this question on TigerOwners but no luck so far - any ideas please?

I've not got any on the rear of my Avon so need to fabricate some for the bulkhead fittings - however is the place Tiger put them (on the sloping tube forward of the wishbones) the best place as I think the flexi pipe will then have to cross over the drive shaft to get to the rear Sierra hubs?

Should I therefore put them on the short vertical tube behind the wishbones near the tank so the flexi pipe is near the hubs and doesn't have to cross the driveshaft? Using copper pipe running along the side of the horizontal top wishbone rail to the bracket.

Do they have to be welded for IVA or can they be bolted/rivnutted or rivetted?

Any thoughts please? also any build pics of the rear brake pipe assemblies would be useful.

On the front - is the best place through the body work as per "the book"?

Cheers

werami

posted on 4/5/10 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Hi i relocated my calipers to the front of the disc so mounted on the forward tube would be the best
Cheers Thierry

Ian D

posted on 4/5/10 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
I used the Tiger brackets and had no problems with the sierra drum set up. If I was designing from scratch I would have my bracket close to the suspension arms and then run the flexible hose along the arm using plastic clip to the brake cylinder. If yopu have not already run in your brake pipe along the transmission tunnel I would look a carefully at its route as there is liitle space around the dif.
RedAvon

posted on 5/5/10 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys,

Ian

Think I will go closer to the suspension than the Tiger brackets as I need to put a bracket somewhere. I've got the car running up the driveway etc but not happy with the brake pipe and fuel runs for the IVA so I'm modifying them - as you say the rear tunnel exit is very tight around the diff - where else can these pipes go do you think?

Also - as per the book the front pipes go around the top chassis rail - but when the exhaust is in (Pinto) they get very hot as i checked this weekend - thinking of routing them below the exhaust as IVA might not be happy?

Cheers

Ian D

posted on 5/5/10 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Have sent u2U

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.