Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone used shiply.com ?
jonno

posted on 26/1/11 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone used shiply.com ?

Hi, looking at getting a car moved 100 miles ish and found shiply.com.. thought i was getting a quote but looks like bids and there really quite reasonable... so anyone used or heard of any experience of the website ?

Cheers
Jonno

having fun on a budget

dan_g8

posted on 26/1/11 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
ive used it a few times to move engines ect and have never had a problem. often they deliver on a saturday/sunday with no additional charge which is handy.

[Edited on 26/1/11 by dan_g8]

Toniq-r

posted on 26/1/11 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Used twice you can check there feed back on the site as well,which really helps. Make sure they have plenty good feed back I waited a week and until the price came down

[Edited on 26/1/11 by Toniq-r]

thunderace

posted on 26/1/11 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
use them all the time its great.
and locost

martyn1137

posted on 26/1/11 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
I got a quote to deliver a new car from the dealership to me and recently had an old engine picked up and delivered by a Shiply bidder.

System worked well and was good value.

jonno

posted on 26/1/11 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Good reports then ... its moving a car from Dartford to Colchester, its only been on there 1hr or so and had 2 bids of £75 & £70 to do it !! looks cheaper than hiring a trailer and fuel costs

having fun on a budget

lsdweb

posted on 26/1/11 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
I've used it a few times and found it really good. And those are good prices!

Wyn

designer

posted on 26/1/11 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Used them for cars and heavy bits. Have never had a problem.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PSpirine

posted on 26/1/11 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Used it to move a car from Coventry to Cotswolds for £30!!

One thing I'd say is when you get the bids, call the bidder up and just double check things with them - gives you a chance to assess them over the phone. Some seem to come across more competent than others (I.e. ease of contact etc.). Also obviously look at the feedback of whoever bids.

I don't use anything else now when I need cars moving!

HappyFather

posted on 26/1/11 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
I used it to get a company to move the 650Kg crate with my full kit car from Aries Motorsport factory in the UK to my house, in Lisbon (Portugal). Shiply provided me with a way to find a good price for the job.

I wasn't so lucky with the company I selected, they bid low and after I accepted them raised the price and didn't deliver all the paid services. I eventually got a refund.
(Locostbuilders thread about the issue: Is the transporter fooling me? Please advice...
Blog post about it: EB Cargo - Bad Service and Partial Refund)

Really look well into the feedback. And if you get an idea of the company behind the alias, look for feedback also on the Internet. If I had done so, I might had saved me a couple of sleepless nights.

Best regards,
HappyFather

speedyxjs

posted on 27/1/11 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Iv used it a few times for cars and engines etc. Generally very please with it although the cheapest quote i got to move the locost 3 miles was £65 which was a bit annoying but i guess its the insurance cost and the time loading and unloading the car.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

bitsilly
Contributor

Posts 726
Registered 9/6/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Flexibility into my marriage, bless her!

posted on 27/1/11 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
The first time was excellent, the second was rubbish. It depends on who bids for your contract.
The insurance each firm has also varies greatly.
If you are flexible in your times, then someone returning with an empty truck can do your job just to cover fuel costs (my first time). The second was a firm who overbooked just using Shipley and wanted to leave my car exposed on their truck in a housing estate in Manchester somewhere overnight, but only said that after they got the job.

chrisxr2

posted on 27/1/11 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
very good

uses it to get a car delivered from cornwall to lincolnshire. Was very impressed with the guy i used. Only cost 200 quid which was nice.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.