Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2003 R1 dynojet power commander - HELP !
Markyb13

posted on 3/6/12 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
2003 R1 dynojet power commander - HELP !

Hi guys

I am new member to this forum but often read the topics being discussed and have found them very helpful and decided it was about time I joined in.
I am in the process of building an r1 mnr with my brother in law and have been for the past 8 mths.
It is an older kit (no. 63) that the previous owner didn't have time to finish and we got it as a rolling chassis with engine.
After seeing Leon's car at the Stoneleigh show it really spured us on to get the car sorted, we are at the stage of putting all the bodywork on but just want to get the power commander fitted, I know this should be simple, just plug and play! However for some reason that escapes me at the moment we had to cut off and change a couple of the plugs, and guess what ones they were the wires colours on the plugs coming from the power commander don't match the colours on our loom, the power commander came off of a 2003 5pw r1 which is what we've got and I can't find anywhere a breakdown what wire should connect to what on our loom, bit of a strange one I know but any help or advice would be most welcome, I may be able to post some pictures later if that helps.
Thanks

Mark

mark w

posted on 3/6/12 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Where abouts in the country are u?
Markyb13

posted on 3/6/12 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Power commander

Hi

We are in Wickford, Essex.

A1

posted on 3/6/12 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Im not sure the wire colours match, just match the plugs. the instructions tell you where to plug it in, its the injectors and something else i forget... shouldnt have to cut anything.
Markyb13

posted on 4/6/12 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Power commander

Hi guys

Just to let u know, after hours trawling the net and looking at images of R1 looms I managed to work it out, all now wired up and seems to be working.
Cheers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.