Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which Bike Fuel Pump?
lsdweb

posted on 16/10/07 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Which Bike Fuel Pump?

I want to simplify the fuel pump setup on my single seater - I currently have a low pressure pump, low pressure filter, swirl pot, high pressure pump and high pressure filter. Whilst this works, it's heavy and there's a lot to go wrong.

I want to change this to a single high pressure bike pump mounted in the base of the tank but I don't have much room (none) below the tank. I'm considering raising the tank a little and using a bike pump fitted to the base of the tank, or using an in tank pump (but not quite sure how these fit! I’ve got a Blackbird pump but this would need about 5” below the tank! I also have a Subaru in tank pump but have no idea how I’d fit this!

Any thoughts?

Regards

Wyn

russbost

posted on 17/10/07 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
The in tank pumps do just what it says on the tin, fit in the tank. You would need a pump of suitable depth to suit your tank & would need to drill & cut a suitable mounting hole & location for the pump & outlet pipe in the tank. I use a Toyota unit which fits from the top of the tank, not sure if some of the bike ones may fit & exit at the base of the tank? HTH

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
bigrich

posted on 17/10/07 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Mine wiyh a zx10r/zx6r pump Rescued attachment fueltank-pump.jpg
Rescued attachment fueltank-pump.jpg

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

lsdweb

posted on 18/10/07 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Guys

bigrich - that's what I want to do but I don't have much space - the base of the tank currently sits on the floor so I'd have to raise the tank by about 6" to get yours to fit!

Regards

Wyn

Jay k

posted on 7/11/07 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
I have seen used in the top of the tank a pump assy from a Land Rover Discovery 1 V8, it has the pump, sender and swirl pot in one unit. It has adjustable depth from 250mm to 350m approx. I can supply the part number if required.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.