Board logo

Get your act together Deneo.....
prawnabie - 12/2/10 at 06:36 PM

Ive refrained from making this post up until now, but as you don't seem to be taking my u2u's seriously or not replying to them at all (yes everyone knows you can tell if you have read a u2u) I feel I have no choice.

The fact is I want the fuel tank I paid you to build for me at the start of decemeber. I have been patient with you for over 2 months and have not quibbled when you have let delivery dates slide until today. I even told you last month my tax and mot was up and without a fuel tank I cannot take it to be mot'ed. So I am now paying inusrance on a car I cannot use.

You told me at the begninning of the week that I would have the tank today. I went into work on my day off to take reciept of the tank and as of 6:30pm I have nothing. I even u2u'ed you yesterday to confirm today, but as you read the u2u and couldn't be bothered to reply I have wasted a day

If you cannot fulfill what you said you could do for me last year, I would like my money back so I can get someone more reliable to make my tank, like GTS.

Thanks

Shaun

BenB - 12/2/10 at 06:53 PM

Ouch- the GTS comment is a bit pointed I'm sure it will get sorted....

Confused but excited. - 12/2/10 at 07:26 PM

Ooo, I'm off for some pop-corn......

Steve G - 12/2/10 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.

Salt on mine please matey - while you're there.

Miks15 - 12/2/10 at 08:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve G
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.

Salt on mine please matey - while you're there.

I prefer it sweet,

But in all fairness im with prawnabie on this one. I had one made, then a couple bits wernt quite right, (partly my fault) and he was happy to take back and modify, i have now been waiting at least a couple of months and have experienced the non-replied U2U's.

He too said it should arrive today (but there was a big accident on the A1 right by where i live so i doubt couriers could get close) So im hoping it turns up early next week.

designer - 12/2/10 at 08:19 PM

I know I should pay attention.

But who's Deneo?

austin man - 12/2/10 at 08:28 PM

Contact Martin Keenan he will make you one and they are good quality mkengineering.co.uk

petrol tank
petrol tank

prawnabie - 12/2/10 at 08:50 PM

Austin man i would do that but it cost me £100 for the tank and an extra £10 for the postal order to pay him with.

DRC INDY 7 - 12/2/10 at 08:51 PM

sweet pop corn is bad for the teeth

I will just get my hat and coat and go out this could take a while

ps who is deano ?

[Edited on 2/12/2010 by DRC INDY 7]

Ben_Copeland - 12/2/10 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by designer

But who's Deneo?

A member on here, strangly enough

Think he was making/seller tanks....

Nash - 12/2/10 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
quote:
Originally posted by designer

But who's Deneo?

Think he was making/seller tanks....

Clearly Not !!!

Fozzie - 12/2/10 at 10:00 PM

Well .... if he is/was, he is/was NOT a Registered Trader!

Fozzie

boggle - 12/2/10 at 10:15 PM

how do you become a registered trader?

cd.thomson - 12/2/10 at 10:24 PM

pay fozzie 1 million dollars.

boggle - 12/2/10 at 10:25 PM

haha!!!!!

eddie99 - 12/2/10 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson

If only it was that cheap

Fozzie - 12/2/10 at 10:27 PM

LOL ..... I wish!

austin man - 13/2/10 at 12:52 AM

Is there any way that his details can be made available to the buyer?? regardless of a trader status or not there has been an injustice.

Angel Acevedo - 13/2/10 at 05:29 AM

Beware who you recommend....

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=126860

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=126272

maximill666 - 13/2/10 at 11:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Angel Acevedo
Beware who you recommend....

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=126860

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=126272

My recommendation of Deneo was based on my own experience of him fabricating & modifying various items for me, his alloy fabrication work is very good.

I never communicated with him via u2u's, always dealt with him on the phone or in person, he is actually a nice guy.

I have dropped him a text to let him know about this post & hopefully he will be along to let you both know whats going on with your tanks.

deneo - 13/2/10 at 05:57 PM

all in the post out of my hands

MikeR - 13/2/10 at 06:51 PM

I'm sorry but i don't think that is much of an update.

Did you post them today or two weeks ago?

Should Shaun be worrying its lost in the post?

NigeEss - 13/2/10 at 07:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deneo

You may have well said "all in the post, don't give a fcuk anymore"

JonnyS - 14/2/10 at 03:17 PM

Nice to know customer service still exists

welderman - 15/2/10 at 08:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
Austin man i would do that but it cost me £100 for the tank and an extra £10 for the postal order to pay him with.

hope you get the tank mate, looks like i was a touch out on price

Joe

FFTS - 15/2/10 at 08:52 AM

quote:

Or another translation is

" I wish to guarantee I never get any more work from this site, have anyone trust me or warm others to me by my friendly attentive attitude"

An apology may have been a good idea!!

Well done mate

eddie99 - 15/2/10 at 09:57 AM

quote:

Thats pathetic if you ask me!

prawnabie - 15/2/10 at 06:23 PM

Still have no tank!!! Deneo when did you despatch it and who did you use? Do you have any tracking information?

I would appreciate more than a one sentence response this time!

Krismc - 15/2/10 at 09:55 PM

I believe my tank was made by deano via mnr- i dont know him or what you agreed but can vouch its a great tank and well made.

Miks15 - 16/2/10 at 08:01 PM

My tank arrived today from deneo. Luckily it wasnt a great rush or me,

I hope yours arrives soon if it hasnt already.

prawnabie - 16/2/10 at 08:31 PM

Yes my tank arrived too!!

I am far from happy with it though. the wole tank is twisted to the point where it rocks about when you put it on a flat surface. The one corner is 12mm off the floor when the opposite corner is touching.

If you put a ruler over the welding on the sides there is a 6mm gap in the middle when the ruler is touching the ends.

I have no interest in talking to deneo over this now. He rarely responds to my u2u's and if he does its only a few words of dis-encouragement. I have his phone number but I know if I give him the tank back he would have to completley remake it to correct the errors which would take god knows how long and I need the car on the road asap as I am moving house soon.

In the future I will NOT be recommending him, in fact I will be doing the opposite!

Thanks to everyone who has u2u'ed me offering to help, it is much appreciated!

eddie99 - 16/2/10 at 10:18 PM

Very sorry to hear that, i agree that 12mm off the ground is a lot of distortion and isnt good enough. If it were 1-2mm, you can't really do much about it.
Oh Well, Good Luck in whatever your next step may be.

boggle - 16/2/10 at 10:33 PM

should the chap who made it be offering 2 sort it out or supply another tank?

NigeEss - 16/2/10 at 11:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
one corner is 12mm off the floor when the opposite corner is touching.

Ah, that'll be the ItFuCCS, The Integrated Fuel Corner Collection System. A unique
alternative to a swirl pot

tomblyth - 21/2/10 at 07:20 PM

Deneo has made two tanks for me and there the dogs . think you should phone him and speak to him. If you count the number of people on here who have praised his workmanship you'l see your problems are not the norm and I'm pretty sure he'd attempt to rectify them.

prawnabie - 28/3/10 at 03:52 PM

He is in no way inclined to rectify the problems unless i send the tank back at my expense. I could understand him saying that if I had made a mistake in my measurements, but the tank is warped, out of shape on almost every weld and he has even welded the alloy with the protective plastic still attached to it. I will never do business with him again, and were possible I will be recommending that people on here do not do business with him.

JoelP - 28/3/10 at 08:04 PM

You should post some photos, it seems to me he's sent you a crap one on purpose. If he's good enough to make ones that get described as 'dogs danglies' then he would definately have know it was shite.

mangogrooveworkshop - 19/12/10 at 11:44 PM

eeek

scootz - 20/12/10 at 09:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson

Dammit man... that's my line!

scootz - 20/12/10 at 09:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
eeek

... and have a