Board logo

‘Seven’ Chauffeur still needed - Bristol
DannyC - 24/6/07 at 06:53 PM

I am still looking for a kind gent (or lady) who would available to give my lad an exhilarating lift to his school prom, from Thornbury to Berkeley (9 miles). There is not a lot of time left as it is this week, 28th.
Plenty of beer tokens on offer.
Can anyone please help??

Linky to previous request.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=66771

Many Thanks for the previous offers.

Danny

Howlor - 24/6/07 at 07:19 PM

If it is anything like mine then not only will he need a new hairdo and suit by the time he arrives but if the driver is any good then also some pants!

Good luck with finding someone.

Steve

Chazzy - 24/6/07 at 08:41 PM

sorry, bit far for me, but hope you get one and it stays dry, I was reminded of my own trip to my leavers do in a 928. I thought my friends parents were going to give us a lift in the normal car so was chuffed to bits to arrive in the porker!!

(it also meant everyone noticed i'd got a lift with a rather attractive girl!)
chas

jamesbond007ltk - 24/6/07 at 09:02 PM

Danny,

I would be more than willing to do it. Unfortunately I am mid way through re-building my rear suspension. Then there is the problem of the scumbags that stole all my tools. Since then progress has been slow to say the least! If you need a similar favour in the future (after a month or so fingers crossed) it would be a pleasure to oblige.

However, I have seen a BEC turn into one of the roads off Knapp Road a few times. I thought it was black SWMBO says it was orange!?!? Could be worth a try.

Rich

DannyC - 28/6/07 at 07:55 AM

Thanks for the offers chaps.
Still unable to find anyone able to give hima ride.
Looks like he will be in the tin top doing his best to look cool! I will just have to put the aircon on full!

Danny