Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ‘Seven’ Chauffeur required
DannyC

posted on 15/5/07 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
‘Seven’ Chauffeur required

I ask a favour of anyone in the Bristol – Dursley area with a road going ‘Seven’ style car (as mine is still on the workbench!!) in exchange for a good evenings worth of beer tokens.
My son leaves school this year, and has his end of school ‘Prom’ on the 28th June.
I was looking for something a bit different for him to turn up at his Prom and thought that a ‘loud’ seven would make some heads turn, rather than the raft of stretched limos which normally arrive, and also to give him a ‘controlled’ blat around the lanes beforehand.
I live in Thornbury and the Prom is in Berkeley, about 9 miles away.

Very much appreciated.

Danny
P.S. I would like to drive him there in it myself, but realise this may be asking a bit too much of a favour.

graememk

posted on 15/5/07 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
he's going to look really cool with his hair all over the place and sick on his dj lol

Jon Ison

posted on 15/5/07 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Great idea, I'm too far away too help but someone will.
matt_claydon

posted on 15/5/07 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
I've got an Indy in Bristol and may be able to help (have to check dates), but it's only a Pinto - you'll probably want a BEC for the full effect including soundtrack!
James

posted on 15/5/07 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
What a nice idea!

Certainly would offer if I didn't live 120miles away!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Alan B

posted on 15/5/07 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yep...superb idea...

I'd offer, but....

I'm in Florida..

Oh, and neither car project is drivable...

But other than that.........

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 15/5/07 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, but James, he needs a 'cool' Se7en and one that's on the road .......

(duck and runs)

RazMan

posted on 15/5/07 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
I just did the very same thing THIS MORNING for a friend of mine. Her son was leaving today and asked me to chaffeur him to the school, revving the engine, leaving long black lines on the school driveway and generally acting quite chavvy ...... well, it would have been rude to refuse wouldn't it

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 15/5/07 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Raz - checked out your car at Stoneleigh - one of the nicest finshed kitcars I've seen in a while - good job mate.....
Scoob

posted on 15/5/07 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
I wanna do that, but ive got no chance off it, Cos i finish school tomorrow But instead of a Seven type car, I get a Ferrari F430 to pick me up

Btw : First Post

russbost

posted on 15/5/07 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Collected my daughter from school the other day - blocked the road with kids trying to get a look!
Fortunately none of them got run over!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
smart51

posted on 15/5/07 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
he's going to look really cool with his hair all over the place and sick on his dj lol

That's how he'll probably look at the end anyway.

cadebytiger

posted on 15/5/07 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
what a great idea. would have loved that at my prom but where is his date gonna sit?
tom windmill

posted on 15/5/07 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
i was gonna go to the prom in the indy but i wore a white suit so thought i prob ought not in the end good idea though
RazMan

posted on 15/5/07 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
We didn't even think of doing stuff like that 'when I were a lad' On my last day I bunked off early as I couldn't wait to leave the place

Jasper - Cheers matey

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

Peteff

posted on 15/5/07 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
Is he American?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

DannyC

posted on 16/5/07 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps, I would have liked to have finished off school in style as well, rather than just drift away, but ‘proms’ being relatively new, and one of the better, imports.

He had better use the strongest hair gel, it would be a shame to have wasted all that time preening himself in the mirror (I’m only jealous ‘cause I’ve lost mine).

Lots of offers ‘if only’ but so far looks like Matt is the only one local and with a complete car.

I just hope Matt is available on that evening.
Any more offers, just in case Matt can not make it.

Many Thanks

Danny

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.