Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Calling North America!
derf

posted on 22/3/04 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
sorry to resurect this from the bowells of page 5, but after reading this I have a few comments.

Track days here on the east coast are great. Within 3 hours drive from my house I have 4 world class race tracks like lime rock, 5 drag strips Englishtown is the closest to me, 15 minutes. And an amazing number of scca solo events on any given weekend I can attend 1 or 2 different solo eventsand not drive more than an hour. I also have 2 major cities with many various "unsanctioned events". I also know of a few guys last summer who participated in an event called DC to B, Which was an all nighter from Washinton DC to Boston (in the spirit of the Bubblegum 3000) First one there takes the flag, I havnt been able to find any info in this event, but have seen photos of the start some driving and the finish. Sometime in early summer and again in late sommer there is a rally in central PA, about a 4 hour drive. Then there are the circle track guys, there are probably 10 small dirt circle tracks withing a 2 hour drive of me, they hold races usually between 2 and 3 times a week, one weeknight, and on the weekends. Basically between the months of March and November on any weekend I can do 1 of 4 types of racing (drag, solo, track, or stoplight) with costs varying between 35 to 1000 dollars US.

Plus myself and alot of people I know also race RC gas cars, 1/10 scale 4wd on and off road. There is a track about 15 minutes from my house which has 3 tracks, an asphalt track a dirt circuit and a dirt circle track. I compete on the asphault and the dirt circle track. Usualy race there on weeknights every other week.

I believe, but am not certain that there are also a number of motoX tracks, ATV tracks, and go Krat tracks locally, but since I dont do any of them I havnt bothered to look into it.

[Edited on 23/3/04 by derf]

TheGecko

posted on 23/3/04 at 01:45 AM Reply With Quote
[deleted most of my original post now that derf has edited his]

It's very easy on the net to make off-hand remarks without backing them up. If you have genuine information that someone has a bad eBay or other business record, post the info. Otherwise, refrain from casual slander.

Dominic (who is offended by careless remarks that often turn into truth on the net.)

[Edited on 23/3/2004 by TheGecko]

Geoff011

posted on 23/3/04 at 05:57 AM Reply With Quote
Dominic:

Well said.

Derf:

Well edited.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.