Poll: how honest would you be??? [View Results]
Be honest & phone them on monday
keep quiet and let them contact me
say nothing as delivered to neighbour

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: how honest would you be???
Peteff

posted on 19/2/10 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
I've had this happen twice and both times contacted the sender. One offered me the second at a well reduced price so I paid and kept it. The other was really funny. I ordered 50 DVD +R from ebay and I received two boxes full of all kinds of computer stuff, about £300 worth. I contacted the seller and he asked if I would send them to him if he paid the return postage plus £10 for my inconvenience by paypal, just take out my DVDs and send the rest back as it was his stock for the next month. He then paid the postage + £10 into my paypal twice by accident. I did a refund of the second payment, all sorted I thought. Next day my DVDs were delivered again and I contacted him he just said keep them It was an almost surreal couple of days. I'm too honest not to contact the sender.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

irvined

posted on 20/2/10 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
Phone em up, honesty here will pay dividends, especially if you buy from them a lot. There's a company I deal with quite regularly and from time to time I get duplicate bits or rather expensive bits by mistake.

When I call them up they know me now, and if I ever need anything out of the ordinary delivered to strange and wonderful places they go out of their way to help.

http://irvined.blogspot.com

Simon

posted on 20/2/10 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
If you think MP's expenses were ok, then keep, otherwise, you know the right course of action

ATB

Simon

smart51

posted on 20/2/10 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
I bought something off ebay and complained about non-delivery after 2 weeks and then again after 3. They seller sent a replacement and another 3 weeks later the original part turned up with the postage date on it the day after my sale.

I emailed the guy asking if he wanted it returned and he said keep it.

will121

posted on 20/2/10 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
As some are inquisitive it was a nice shiny set of £370 Newman zetec cams. (so dont think there will be the offer to keep them!) To be honest when it arrived i had convinced myself i would phone them monday anyway as i had ordered them direct from Ken Newman who seemed a very nice chap. Im just reassured how honest everyone is, although the secret poll results dont quite reflect the opinions of those willing to post a reply. Must add though if the duplicate delivery had come from company like Tesco my opinion would have been different!!

whitestu

posted on 20/2/10 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
I'll take them back for you if You want!
will121

posted on 20/2/10 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
I'll take them back for you if You want!

i did wonder if anyone would take them off my hands if they said i could keep them! they do look good for the price

[Edited on 20/2/10 by will121]

Ninehigh

posted on 20/2/10 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Sometime last year I'd been out somewhere on my day off and when I came back there was a delivery van outside, they said they had a delivery for us. I ran inside and put away whatever it was I had, came back to the door and signed for it. When I looked round to see what "my missus had got off Amazon now" I found a 42" tv... Definately not her!

I rang up the company after finding the sticker (had to go to xyz gardens not xyz lane) and the lady said how honest of me I was

I asked out of interest what would have happened if I'd have said nothing (cos I was seriously considering it!) and she said it could have been traced through the delivery guys and they would have chased me for it.

will121

posted on 20/2/10 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
part of my issue is every time UPS deliver anything when im out they seem to knock on every door till they find someone at home to take it off them, then just stick a card through my door saying its left at what ever house number, this time it was about 4 doors up with someone i would say i dont get on with to well!!
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.