Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: House covenant issue
T66

posted on 17/11/11 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one mr grumpy. Like the 50% quote, funny.

karlak

posted on 18/11/11 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
Have you contacted the Council about the noise?

We had a similar issue and I was really surprised how helpful the Council were. They contacted the noisy neighbour and warned them, which they ignored of course. It all ended at 2am one morning with the council "noise" person turning up with the Police - Basically told the neighbour to stop the noise or lose the Stereo equipment. It did help that there was more than one complaint though.

What I did was to tell the Council when the Party was going to happen, which they then put on record and gave me a number to ring if it "kicked off" - They apparantly have a "Noise" officer on duty 24hours - This was Beds council though

No noise since

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Ninehigh

posted on 18/11/11 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
Three issues:

1. If he really doesn't want your van parked on your drive there's two alternatives. Either you park it on the road, or on their drive. Precedent has been set that if your vehicle is road legal even the landlord can't touch it (read the story on the guy who parked his car at "his friend's house" and went on holiday for two weeks)

2. The noise is a problem, and I'm sure being a nuisance to half the street is reason to be kicked out.

3. He's not allowed to take pictures of your property, on your property. If he's been photographing your van on your drive then that's one law that's been definately broken

DIY Si

posted on 18/11/11 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks again all. We've been running a noise/incident diary for a while and only recently sent the last one off to the LLs. Whilst I'd rather not get the council involved, if she makes any more late night noise I probably will ring them as that's what she did to me, so it's only fair!

For now though, I'm just going to sit back and see what happens. When I questioned the neighbour yesterday morning, HE was meant to be going round to stay again last night at about 6, but he never turned up. So it may be that just going round and asking WTF are you up to has done the trick.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

stevebubs

posted on 18/11/11 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cliftyhanger
Is she on benefits?? if so keep an eye out for said partner, and if appropriate let the benefits people know. I am not a snitch, but I do not want to support such people with my taxes
Next, speak to the council about the neighbours partner is taking odd pictures of your house and vehicles and you have concerns about their behaviour. And maybe the housing association. They may want to know is she is shacked up with somebody.
However, a HA will have real difficulty getting her out, the only way is if she breaks her tenancy, and it has to be bad.

Actually good point - I think the authorities will take a dim view of them taking pictures of your property without permission....

Ninehigh

posted on 18/11/11 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
quote:
Originally posted by cliftyhanger
Is she on benefits?? if so keep an eye out for said partner, and if appropriate let the benefits people know. I am not a snitch, but I do not want to support such people with my taxes
Next, speak to the council about the neighbours partner is taking odd pictures of your house and vehicles and you have concerns about their behaviour. And maybe the housing association. They may want to know is she is shacked up with somebody.
However, a HA will have real difficulty getting her out, the only way is if she breaks her tenancy, and it has to be bad.

Actually good point - I think the authorities will take a dim view of them taking pictures of your property without permission....

Indeed, we checked in on this when we (heavily) suspected a neighbour of throwing cat poo in our garden. The police told us that we could put cameras up covering our garden but they couldn't encroach onto his unless absolutely unavoidable (like the picture covers our entire garden and a small portion of both on either side.)

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.