Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Beware: Ben Owen selling parts
foskid

posted on 30/1/12 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Eddie, thank you very much for the heads up on this "gentleman" I for one shall be very wary

Cheers mate,
John.

He knows nothing and thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a political career.
George Bernard Shaw

banzaii

posted on 31/10/12 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Apologies for posting this as my first post, but seems like I too have been scammed by Ben Owen, the parts did not turn up as promised and now he is hiding and not answering my calls, if anyone has any further information please get in touch, I am not sure how I should go about getting my money back and if the police can be involved in such cases?
rodders128

posted on 17/12/12 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Ben Owen

Eddie 99.

How did you get your money back,

I have just fallen for him and sent him £170

Jed

posted on 17/12/12 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Just did a quick google and this may be of interest:

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/46033/please_help_the_police_with_their_enquiries_into_ben_owen.html

austin man

posted on 17/12/12 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
I cannot undestand how an act of good will on the part of a fellow Locoster ie bringing to the attention of others that there is a scammer out there. It is also obvious that this individual has stepped in and supported others in receiving goods ordered from unfortunately another unscrupolous trader. I for one welcome what Eddie has done on all counts and should be applauded for his actions. He has no business interests so therefore is not seeking to profit from this.

The actions / responses from some on the forum will only seek to prevent others from raising concerns in the future.

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

rodders128

posted on 18/12/12 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jed
Just did a quick google and this may be of interest:

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/46033/please_help_the_police_with_their_enquiries_into_ben_owen.html

Thanks, This linke was readlly useful. Got me in touch with the Police who are dealing with them.

MikeRJ

posted on 18/12/12 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
I cannot undestand how an act of good will on the part of a fellow Locoster ie bringing to the attention of others that there is a scammer out there. It is also obvious that this individual has stepped in and supported others in receiving goods ordered from unfortunately another unscrupolous trader. I for one welcome what Eddie has done on all counts and should be applauded for his actions. He has no business interests so therefore is not seeking to profit from this.

The actions / responses from some on the forum will only seek to prevent others from raising concerns in the future.

Agreed. Why are people deliberately derailing a useful thread which has been posted to protect their interests?

Mr Whippy

posted on 18/12/12 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Rather than just fighting

Why not all gather all the info you have on this guy here and see if you can track him down a lot seem to have communicated with him, perhaps combined you have enough info?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rodders128

posted on 18/12/12 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

Why not all gather all the info you have on this guy here and see if you can track him down a lot seem to have communicated with him, perhaps combined you have enough info?

Contact this guy

PC 1335 Alex Bedford
UWSU, HQ, Nettleham & Criminal Investigation Department
Grantham Police Station
Swingbridge Road
Grantham
NG31 7XT
Dial 101 ext 3287
Direct dial: 01476 403287
www.lincs.police.uk

steve m

posted on 18/12/12 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
"Originally posted by Mr Whippy

Why not all gather all the info you have on this guy here and see if you can track him down a lot seem to have communicated with him, perhaps combined you have enough info? "

I do agree with Mr whippy,

but this is an open forum, for ANY one to view, and would imagine if there was any trouble, it would'nt be hard for the Police, to find a lot more info

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.