Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: get around IVA
coyoteboy

posted on 4/5/12 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
As far as I'm concerned if you're trying to avoid an IVA it's because you think you're likely to fail it as buying a donor to swap parts from would cost just as much. I'd be worried the car you'd created would be a death trap.
puma931

posted on 4/5/12 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
As far as I'm concerned if you're trying to avoid an IVA it's because you think you're likely to fail it as buying a donor to swap parts from would cost just as much. I'd be worried the car you'd created would be a death trap.

It would fail on all the bits like sharp edges, exposed nuts and no radius on the dash etc, but would probably pass an MOT. I think I will trailer it around and when the temptation to drive it on the road kicks in, I will have to go through the pain of the IVA.

Do most people remove the IVA stuff (edging, side indicator, and nut covers etc) after they have passed, or is this part of future MOTs?

tomgregory2000

posted on 4/5/12 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
All my sva stuff fell off the day after i passed
rusty nuts

posted on 4/5/12 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomgregory2000
All my sva stuff fell off the day after i passed

But at least the car had been visibly inspected for decent quality welds properly installed components etc and a load of other stuff that isn't checked during an MOT test . Agreed, my Sierra steering wheel came off as soon as I got home from SVA , a bit longer than the tester suggested which was to fit the "correct" steering wheel in the test center car park after the test. IMHO anyone who does as the OP suggests deserves to have the car confiscated and crushed

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.