Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F1 - Maldonado needs shooting
snakebelly

posted on 24/6/12 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Pm tried to go round the outside, all LH did was legitimately maintain the racing line, can't really understand the latest sport of Hamilton bashing myself.

Discuss

:-)

Slimy38

posted on 24/6/12 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Silly question time, if there hadn't been contact and PM had managed to take the place, wouldn't he have been penalised anyway for gaining a position whilst off track?
Jon Ison

posted on 24/6/12 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
So what's everyones take on the Hill Shumy incident ? You can't have it both ways Hill did exactly what PM did earlier today yet MS was the "alleged" villain in that incident acused of driving Hill off the road, both in my opinion racing incidents avoidable by all 4 party's involved.

Anyway it's now history, not Hamilton bashing just not looking at it through Hamilton tinted spectacles.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 24/6/12 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Put it this way... as I watched Mouldy come up behind Hamilton, I had one thought - this will be entertaining. Thing is, it's like coming up behind the Old Man, you know that the lead car (despite it's distress) won't let anyone get past.

Yes, it was entertaining, and the result what I had expected.

Anyway, what I saw was Mouldy coming alongside under braking *very* rapidly, a Hamiltonian function pushing Mouldy wide (and off) and then a nudge in return as the circuit was rejoined.

No driver wants to put their car in danger and crash (unless a Renault team Boss tells the to). No one wins.

loggyboy

posted on 24/6/12 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
So what's everyones take on the Hill Shumy incident ? You can't have it both ways Hill did exactly what PM did earlier today yet MS was the "alleged" villain in that incident acused of driving Hill off the road, both in my opinion racing incidents avoidable by all 4 party's involved.

Anyway it's now history, not Hamilton bashing just not looking at it through Hamilton tinted spectacles.

Are you talking about the australia when shuey crashed then took hill out when he tried to duck up the inside? No similaritys in my mind?

Mistral Motorsport

russbost

posted on 24/6/12 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
"So what's everyones take on the Hill Shumy incident ? You can't have it both ways Hill did exactly what PM did earlier today yet MS was the "alleged" villain in that incident acused of driving Hill off the road, both in my opinion racing incidents avoidable by all 4 party's involved. "

Very similar incident, Schuey was off the circuit, rejoined & took Hill out of the race, thereby winning the championship - ancient history & driving standards have changed massively since then regarding what is & isn't acceptable, it was actually Schuey who did what PM did, certainly not Hill, who, like Lewis, never left the circuit (well till Schuey thumped him!!!)

You'r point is perfectly valid, just the opposite way round entirely!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Jon Ison

posted on 24/6/12 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Never let patriotsm get in the way of the truth
maccmike

posted on 24/6/12 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
best topic iv started this
loggyboy

posted on 24/6/12 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Very similar incident, Schuey was off the circuit, rejoined & took Hill out of the race, thereby winning the championship - ancient history & driving standards have changed massively since then regarding what is & isn't acceptable, it was actually Schuey who did what PM did, certainly not Hill, who, like Lewis, never left the circuit (well till Schuey thumped him!!!)

You'r point is perfectly valid, just the opposite way round entirely!

I think the big difference between the two is that LH forced PM off the track where has shuey made a mistake, and not only went off track, but damaged his car, which he knew and then did his usual unsportsmanlike 'put him in the wall manuever".

Like I said, Massa got pushed off on the same corner, intentionally kept himself on track, got crashed in to and kobyashi got a penalty for hitting him. PM took the sensible way of going off track, then in a swing of stupidty, went from avoiding one accident that would have been LH fault to causing one that was his own fault!

Mistral Motorsport

A1

posted on 24/6/12 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
Thing is maldonaldos done some pretty shoddy moves in the past, seems to quite like ramming anyone that tries to pass him. Not actually seen this one, so no comment...
britishtrident

posted on 25/6/12 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
Maldonado was completely off the circuit in a run off area but had the car fully under control, then instead of doing the cool thing and slotting in behind Hamilton and get him a the next corner in a red mist moment chose to try and nerf Hamilton out the way which resulted a T bone. Even if he had done the impossible and somehow got in front of Hamilton he would have had to give the place back. I take the view that by rejoining the track unsafely broke one of the most important safety rules of the sport and should have got a much more severe penalty than he has been given.

Maldonado has been getting away with too much he needs a severe penalty to make him realise he has to reform his driving style, some suspect he has only been getting away with it because he is the first F1 driver from his country and his personal sponsor is pouring millions into the sport.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

phelpsa

posted on 25/6/12 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
Two intense racing drivers with history, neither of whom were going to concede. Both of them could have avoided the incident, neither of them did. Maldo ended up off the circuit, but Hamilton put him there (I seem to recall Hamilton had a go at Rosberg for pushing him off earlier in the season?). How Maldo decided to rejoin the circuit was silly.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jeffw

posted on 25/6/12 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
Hamilton didn't try and push PM off the circuit, he used the normal racing line. Rosberg tried to kill LH & Alonso on the straight.

[Edited on 25/6/12 by jeffw]

loggyboy

posted on 25/6/12 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Hamilton didn't try and push PM off the circuit, he used the normal racing line. Rosberg tried to kill LH & Alonso on the straight.

[Edited on 25/6/12 by jeffw]

But Kobayashi tried to take the same line with Massa and got a penalty.

Mistral Motorsport

sdh2903

posted on 25/6/12 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Maldonado obviously has the raw talent but he just doesn't have the class or temperament (yet) of other drivers. He was totally at fault and it was completely unneccessary as LH was like bambi on ice with his tyres and PM would have had a much easier oppurtunity later in the lap.

Talking of recklessness I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Jean eric Vergne's madness when taking out the Catering van of Kovaleinen That was amateur racing stuff and he should be severly punished. He didn't even have the brains to take it easy back to the pits.

All in all a very entertaining race, and never thought i'd say this but was very pleased to see schumi up on the podium again

roadrunner

posted on 25/6/12 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wheels244
Did I see a different race !!
PM had all four wheels off the circuit and attempting to rejoin the circuit- Lewis had the line.
PM should have either braked or turned left into the run off and have another go instead rejoining the circuit with no steering
because of the kerb - straight into the side of Lewis taking him out !

As for Lewis letting him past - gents, it's a race - you don't win or score points by letting people past.
I agree PM would have taken him because of the tyres but the guy behind has to get past the one in front - not expect to be allowed past with out challenge.

My thoughts exactly.
How many times did Schumacher, do the polite thing and let other drivers past on route to seven world titles.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.