Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Why you chose your engine
Dale

posted on 17/1/05 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
I will stick with my lima. 1 Canadian dollar per horsepower- purchase price of $175. for engine and T5 tranny another 50 for seals bearings headgasget--and probably sitting at 225 hp.- Heavy though even a bit more than a pinto- but my car isn't quite normal either.
Dale Rescued attachment small engine pic.jpg
Rescued attachment small engine pic.jpg

Friberg

posted on 17/1/05 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
I'm building with a Saab turbo engine because I'm addicted to acceleration! Even though Saab haven't done any RWD cars it's very easy to change that - just add a gearbox from an Vauxhall Omega...

300 bhp within reach with only minor modifications such as injectors and turbo and a new program in the ECU.

dl_peabody

posted on 17/1/05 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
Duratec 2.3Liter

About Engines
(USA)
I purchased a front collison 2004 Mazda B2300 with a 2.3L Duratec...Why? 400 miles on the truck when wrecked. I bought it because low miles and thinking it would be reliable.
Later I found out that it is a rather desireable engine.

NS Dev

posted on 18/1/05 at 01:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Volvorsport
jeez millingtons have gone up - it is a unique engine block tho - we had millingtons in darrians .

ill have to say that the volvo engine comes with all the bits necessary and quite easily massaged to 250 hp , with all std equipment

[Edited on 17/1/05 by Volvorsport]

That is an all steel dry sumped jobbie with all the trimmings, but then with that sort of engine you're not going to skimp on the ancilliaries!

NS Dev

posted on 18/1/05 at 01:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Friberg
I'm building with a Saab turbo engine because I'm addicted to acceleration! Even though Saab haven't done any RWD cars it's very easy to change that - just add a gearbox from an Vauxhall Omega...

300 bhp within reach with only minor modifications such as injectors and turbo and a new program in the ECU.

may well soon be sticking a 2.3t saab into an opel manta for a bit of fun!

Friberg

posted on 18/1/05 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NS Devmay well soon be sticking a 2.3t saab into an opel manta for a bit of fun!

Hope you know that to be able to do this operation the engine have to be from -94 and later since Saab didn't use the GM bolt pattern before -94...

NS Dev

posted on 18/1/05 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
ahhhh, I didn't know that! Now I do, thank you very much for that, it may have saved my brother (who owns the manta) a lot of money!!

Thanks

Nat

Marcus

posted on 18/1/05 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
I stuck with a crossflow. Wanted that period look to the car. They're not too expensive to rebuild, despite those who say they are!
They're a piece of wee to work on, respond very well to a head port and a mild cam, oh and a rebore to 1700cc.
Mines pretty much standard in every other respect, pushing out about 115bhp. They also sound ACE when thrashed!!

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.