Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Miserable Locost Owning Barstewards!!
Deckman001

posted on 18/1/06 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
True 'locosters' are miserable because it takes so much longer to build your car before you can drive it, compared to buying a box of bits and bolting it together in a couple of weeks !!

Jason

donut

posted on 18/1/06 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
They are also miserable bacause they have the skills to build their cars from scratch but end up spending all their spare time wiring other peoples 'kit' cars so they can get on the road before the locosters!

Eh Jason!!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DarrenW

posted on 18/1/06 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jumpy Guy
AND..... Locosters are backstabbing money grabbing types.

Those Locosters who pretend to be matey, then try to sell you any old toot they drag out the garage/make on the side at work-

Seats, Old Video Games, bent chassis bits, Seats, bent bits of old engine, Oh, and Seats!!

Try to sell you any old Drag theyve tooted in the garage!!!!!!!!!! oohh errr missus

Bah humbug (thought id add that to put a miserable tone in!)

David Jenkins

posted on 18/1/06 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
I suppose the Locost is the modern equivalent of a hair shirt - only true devotees of pain and discomfort would want one!

David

Bah humbug! (oops! too late!)

[Edited on 18/1/06 by David Jenkins]

Jumpy Guy

posted on 18/1/06 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
The more you feel the pain, misery and repeated bludgeoning of expectation with reality, the more you earn the right to drive.

and a freezing cold garage helps. Leave the doors open if its not cold enough, too.

DarrenW

posted on 18/1/06 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jumpy Guy
The more you feel the pain, misery and repeated bludgeoning of expectation with reality, the more you earn the right to drive.

and a freezing cold garage helps. Leave the doors open if its not cold enough, too.

My garage seems to warm up with the doors open!!! Ive just had to dig out a T-shirt with sleeves! Its getting bitter up North. Luckily still warm enough for shorts!
OOOpps- just realised i cant join in this conversation, ive not built a locost. Im like that imposter we are always looking out for, you know what i mean - like the ones who build a car then tarnish it with a funny little engine!!!!!

Coose

posted on 18/1/06 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
<chants>

Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......Sylvaaaaaaaa...... la la la...... R1....... la la la......

Spin 'er off Well...

Browser

posted on 18/1/06 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
Coose, you DEFINITELY need your medication sorting mate!
P.S. has your Dremel been near any ports yet?

smart51

posted on 18/1/06 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by raccoonradar
mine was made from iron ore dug from the hills and melted down on a BBQ in the back garden by stigg of the dump, just guessing cos i bought mine so i guess i am worse. pennys are hard to come by & its winter & money tree is a bit bare

You mean you didn't make your own ore?!!! Heratic!!!!

smart51

posted on 18/1/06 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
P.S. My car's better than yours.
smart51

posted on 18/1/06 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
...and kit built BECs with IRS are the best. The rest of you just keep asking the question until you get the answer you want because of the time you've spent fabricating your inferior de dion CECs.
Coose

posted on 18/1/06 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Browser
Coose, you DEFINITELY need your medication sorting mate!
P.S. has your Dremel been near any ports yet?

Nope, not yet! It's nice to read someone elses point of view - I've read books by John Robinson and john Bradley and they're all right!

Smashing......

p.s. Sylva.....

Spin 'er off Well...

David Jenkins

posted on 18/1/06 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Whenever I see 'Sylva' my brain says 'Sylvia' - she's a nice girl, Sylvia Stryker!

DJ

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 18/1/06 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
Anyway what is the best IRS or De Dion?

live axle

Dedion is best

Mr G

posted on 18/1/06 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
I hear RALLY DESIGN have got a new delivery of reverse units in for the BEC boys.....

Free tin off Kiwi included.

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Liam

posted on 18/1/06 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
Losers!

If you cant even derive the necessary physics and chemistry from first principals, source and process your own materials, then design and build your own engine and all other parts and necessary tools, just go and buy a Toyota Corolla!!

I'm currently deriving calculus and some Newtonian physics with which i hope to understand the chemistry of combustion and how it might be used to provide useful force/torque. I hope to have a working engine within 10 years. By then I should have all the ore dug and processing equipment designed and built to continue with the rest of the car.

I can see the trickiest part being deriving the necessary maths and electromagnetism theory to design the starter motor and alternator, but I think it's fair enough to use my university notes as i did make them myself. Certainly no point asking you lot!

You all just carry on cutting up RHS with your expensive shop-bought hacksaws and buying in engines, hubs, calipers, etc, etc (which you all probably think grow on trees - bless). Ron Champion Locosters, Caterham Owners - all the same to me! Waste of space.

See you on the road one day! (that's if I'm walking on an adjacent pavement of course. I only plan to operate my car on my own hand laid road - once I've sucessfully developed my own tarmacadam from base materials).

Liam

[Edited on 18/1/06 by Liam]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mix

posted on 18/1/06 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Luxury......(in a northern accent)

Mick

gazza285

posted on 18/1/06 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
And my cat is blacker than yours...............

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.