Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego Press Release
Triton

posted on 22/4/06 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Crikey not good news.

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fozzie

posted on 22/4/06 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Sad news indeed!

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

bob

posted on 22/4/06 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear the bad news,nice crowd at luego always got on well with them.

I know a couple or three lads who have there chassis and i know they will be shocked as well,especially chrisw.

Trev D

posted on 22/4/06 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
To Grant and the team very sad news. Hope that you can work something out in the future, regards, Trev
wicket

posted on 22/4/06 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Matt said at Detling that things had been difficult lately but this is totally unexpected.

To Grant, Matt & all the Luego team, thanks for all your help in the past, good luck & best wishes for the future.

Eric & Ade Norman

ned

posted on 23/4/06 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
so who's gonna sponsor locostbuilders now?!!

best of luck to those at luego for their future endeavours.

I'd be suprised if/that there isn't a market for the viento in one guise or another as a going concern. the locost and velocity are maybe not competitive in the current market but the viento certainly has niche market even if its not my cuppa tea.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
darrens

posted on 23/4/06 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
I'm still quite surprise at their demise, did they invest too much either on in house tooling/research, on advertising or were the sales just not good enough. Would have thought there sales were OK. (maybe their beer fund was too high).

It does seem a bit off for the company to be at the Delting show, atleast one of the staff would have known what was coming.

It's not easy surviving at the moment and there have been a few slow patches which have affected every industry over the last couple of years. It is sad to see a company go with such a good product and team behind it, don't get wrong I'm still miffed that they took my money only 2 and a bit weeks ago for an exhaust which I now have to chase, a few phone call to be made on Monday.

Luego is not one of the companies I expected to go.

Regards

[Edited on 23/4/06 by darrens]

the_fbi

posted on 23/4/06 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darrens
It does seem a bit off for the company to be at the Delting show, atleast one of the staff would have known what was coming.

Perhaps they hoped the show may bring in enough orders for them to survive?

posted on 23/4/06 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
I blame Geoff.

At the mere mention of food or drink, he was there.

I recon he's eaten them out of house & home.

Paul G

wilkingj

posted on 23/4/06 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 907
I blame Geoff.

At the mere mention of food or drink, he was there.

I recon he's eaten them out of house & home.

Paul G

Bugger... Iv'e been Sussed!!

Its a damn shame, As for people loosing any money.
Its a Bloody Good reason to pay for everything by Credit Card. If you paid by ceredit card (not debit card) you can get you money back from the Card Company... Its one of the good points and is probably funded from the 16% interest you pay.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

COREdevelopments

posted on 23/4/06 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
shit just read the news bit slow, been busy. like everyone said its a great shame to see this happen to such a great freindly team. was thinking of ordering from them soon too.

COREdevelopments

shit just read the news bit slow, been busy. like everyone said its a great shame to see this happen to such a great freindly team. was thinking of ordering from them soon too.

COREdevelopments

graememk

posted on 23/4/06 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
i was going to order from them at the xmas open day but bought a part build mk insted....................good luck for me very bad for them sorry to hear they were very nice guys

muzchap

posted on 23/4/06 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Doh!

another small business to the wall.... I blame the ever increasing stealth taxes and pathetic government!

Good luck to Matt / Grant / Steve - can't be easy!

As for those saying about 'they should have known blah blah' - not true, you ever run a business - you keep it going right down to the wire, until every last penny has been obtained and the banks foreclose on you.

A sad day indeed - they were just around the corner from me - literally... :-(

Hope as somebody else posted - Son of Luego is born

------------------------------------
If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!

Humbug

posted on 24/4/06 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
They could do with updating the website to put a notice on the home page...
Gazza

posted on 24/4/06 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Bad News

Sorry to hear about the demise - a real shame.

Good luck in the future tho guys.

Just a bag o' rusty spanners

G3OFF

posted on 24/4/06 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Good Luck Guys with everything you do in the future.... the luego crew were top people....

p.s. im the guy that looked after the luego website.. so if the people who are talking about setting up an owners club need any help / artwork etc.. let me know...

G30FF

no such thing as to much power......

Tube Engineers Ltd

posted on 24/4/06 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Stainless Exhaust Systems

What a surprise!!! NOT!!!!

To all the unfortunate customers who are waiting for an exhaust system from Luego, or for any new enquiries please feel free to contact us on 01673 862286.

Tube Engineers Ltd

Dave J

posted on 24/4/06 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Gosh, this is a bit of a shock,

Been away for a while, didn't realise things were quite that bad. Although I'm sorry for the people who through no fault of their own have lost their jobs,
I'm struggling a bit with the sympathy vote, as the rebuilt (very badly) V8 engine they supplied (3 grand plus rip off) has died after 130mls (it's a scrapper, as is my warranty). Just managed to get it thru sva thankfully. Now the car's just sitting, waiting for me to find the hard earned for a new engine.
What a bummer!!
Sorry to hear you guys still have money tied up, hope you manage to get something back, and of course manage to complete your builds without recourse to Luego.
There's no winners in this situation (accountants aside) and to continue taking money right up to the death does leave a nasty taste (yes I know this is standard practice in business, but even so!!)
Best of luck guys.

dave

Agriv8

posted on 24/4/06 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
I too was shocked and sadened by the news.

Not wishing to Hi-jack the post Dave is your V8 rover.

I would be suprised if its completly scrap ( it takes a lot to kill a rover V8 - unless the bottom end has broken up ) drop us a u2u or post up what you belive is wrong and myself and a few of the other v8ers may be able to assist.

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

chris_harris_

posted on 24/4/06 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Slightly Disgruntled

As shocked as i was to hear the news, i'm not all together surprised, this is a tough, competitive market, with relatively small profit margins. That said, i alway had a good response from Grant, except that he now has £120 of my money, for parts that he stated where in the factory, or at the GRP company, and well, lets just say there not anywhere to be found!! I assume from this (rightly or wrongly) and after having quite a few different conversations today that i may not be the only one out of packet, some by about 20 - 30 times my measely amount. I appreciate that all businessess, large and small have difficulties from time to time but the truth should always be told. Good or bad.
Anyway, i've aired my view and am prepared to be shot down if i'm out of line. Good luck to all the other people waiting on parts etc!

Regards Chris

muzchap

posted on 24/4/06 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Ok - I agree my post may look pro-Luego..

But it's not - it's a balanced comment - ok so if people did know that the company was going into 'liquidation' - then that money is obtained by 'deception'.

I feel very, very sorry for those people as it's almost impossible to prove from the outside - unless the liquidation company can provide evidence to the contrary. Then you can pursue the individual through the small claims courts.

I too would be gutted if I had money tied up in products that will never arrive!

If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!

darrens

posted on 24/4/06 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

As for those saying about 'they should have known blah blah' - not true, you ever run a business - you keep it going right down to the wire, until every last penny has been obtained and the banks foreclose on you.

Yeh that's fair enough, but it's at the expense of others. If you hand over you money in good faith to them but they don't pay their suppliers who gets the short straw.. customer!!

Don't get me wrong, they seemed a good crew, with a very good product might I add, and I hope an off-springs comes off this, but orders should not have been taken if they were never to materialize (think that's how you spell it)

[Edited on 24/4/06 by darrens]

muzchap

posted on 24/4/06 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Darrens,

I agree wholeheartedly and allude to that in a previous post to yours

It's a criminal offence to obtain money by deception

I'm truly sorry for those who have money tied up in parts that will never arrive!

As people have mentioned if you paid via 'CreditCard' then you are safe - if you trusted good old traditional cash or debit card you are out of pocket - why doesn't the fking Government sort this bollox out!

If you can prove you paid - you should get your money back! They're happy to take the 'TAXES' that push companies under!!! They should be able to reimburse you - just highlights the pathetic rights of consumers in this country!!!

The Value Added Theft - that we pay on everything should have a levy to re-imburse individuals - but oh no - they'd rather spend the money on immigrants and housing people that don't deserve to be in the country...

<rant over>

Sorry - just hate this government.. i know Luego are partly to blame, but Stealth taxes are crippling!

[Edited on 24/4/06 by muzchap]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.