Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How dumb are some Americans?
violentblue

posted on 6/4/07 at 03:41 AM Reply With Quote
not as bad as them damn Canadians though

[Edited on 6/4/07 by violentblue]

a few pics of my other projects

violentblue

posted on 6/4/07 at 03:44 AM Reply With Quote
its quite obvious that the tape was edited for maximum effect, drop a camera in my home town and see what a lot we are. we won't look any brigter, but we be a lot nicer to you.

RK

posted on 6/4/07 at 03:56 AM Reply With Quote
Hey are you another refugee from the coast?
sgraber

posted on 6/4/07 at 05:06 AM Reply With Quote
My apologies Pete. When I said 'you', I meant it in the general sense. I've always known you to take the high road and have always held you in high regard.

Lusitania was the trigger and before long USA had drafted 4 million men and was sending over 10,000/day to Europe to help out. But that's neither here nor there. Apparently history means more to some than others.

Let's just set the record straight. I say to
myself on a regular basis how I think that 95% of the entire population is a bunch of idiots. And what I really mean 95% of the population of the entire planet! Maybe it's higher than that! I mean, doesn't anyone THINK logically anymore?! So I am an equal opportunity slagger.

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Steve, I've never slagged the Americans on here or anywhere else. America's WW1 involvement was due to the Lusitania as far as I've read. Woodrow Wilson sent reinforcements in April 1917 when France and Britain had been at war with Germany for 3 years. WWII was another story if you want to put it in perspective Wikipedia
You are not calling me out on anything so why should I be upset, I only come on here for fun as well. I only asked about the Amish thing because it seems a common Amish name from reading on the web. If you want to take the p!ss just google Jade Goody quotes, we all have our share of them

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 6/4/07 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Having lived in the US 1/4 of my life I think I can say that the US and UK idiot/smart ratios are very similar......I.E. scarily high.

Living here you get to realise that some of the sterotypes of US life aren't quite accurate.....many are, of course......and vice versa many US sterotypes of UK life are wrong too.

I've met and know Steve personally and he's a pretty sharp guy (for a yank..ooops sorry Steve)...seriously he really is a great guy.

My biggest gripes here?....the sport in general is shite...misuse of the word aniversary....and lack of pot noodles...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 6/4/07 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
they dont do pot noodles?!
sgraber

posted on 6/4/07 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
they dont do pot noodles?!

Is that some sort of sheeps intestine thing!?

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

scotty g

posted on 6/4/07 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
its like normal noodles only the welsh dig it out of mines!
Every culture has a steriotype of other countries, for instance Americans around Hollywood seem to think that all Brits speak with a naff cockney accent!
I can honestly say that personally i would rather that England was a State within the USA that part of the EU, plus we would have a great supply of cheap V8s!
Cheers.

Alan B

posted on 6/4/07 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
There are instant noodle type meals over here...Ramen noodles for instance, but they are utter tasteless crap compared with pot noodles....someone importing pot noodles over here would make a killing...
Alan B

posted on 6/4/07 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scotty g
..............I can honestly say that personally i would rather that England was a State within the USA that part of the EU, plus we would have a great supply of cheap V8s!
Cheers.

As bizzare as that suggestion seems I actually agree...if the UK wants to become part of some bigger community why not join up with fellow english (sort of) speakers, who have some cool s h i t and are hardly foreigners at all....

In the time I've been away I hear about wine and euros........it worries me, it really does.....

iiyama

posted on 6/4/07 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
and dollars and ryw whisky dosent?? Yak! LOL!

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

RK

posted on 6/4/07 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
You English need to spend more time in Italy, you really do... Don't like learning languages? Well, that's what they have to do isn't it? It's not so bad, trust me.

And coming from what many Americans refer to as the 51st state, I can tell you, you are better off with other Europeans. At least in the EU, you've got other countries to back you up in trade disputes. Americans are great; I just don't want to be one.

iiyama

posted on 7/4/07 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
Speak a little French, a little German and a little Russian, so I aint doin to bad!

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

violentblue

posted on 7/4/07 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
Hey are you another refugee from the coast?

westcoast

RK

posted on 7/4/07 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Me too. Came east because of the cost of housing in the lower mainland. Now it's worse. Saving like a madman, except for this little project of course.
stevec

posted on 19/4/07 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
I could never get my head round a nation who can put a man on the moon. but cant put handles on carrier bags.
Steve.

David Jenkins

posted on 19/4/07 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
someone importing pot noodles over here would make a killing...

Literally, over a period of time...

(disgusting stuff)

BTW: I'm in the camp that says that every population has a fixed proportion of idiots. The US just has a bigger population, and the idiots are more visible*.
There are places in the UK where you can find idiots en masse - but I'm not going to say where on this forum! I'm not starting a county dispute - a country dispute is bad enough...

* "more visible" as in there's a load of TV companies who like to go out and find the pillocks, and display them to the world.

And who mentioned Jade Goody? Go and wash your mouth out with soap and water!

[Edited on 19/4/07 by David Jenkins]

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/4/07 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Ownk!! Rescued attachment jade.jpg
Rescued attachment jade.jpg

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

scotty g

posted on 19/4/07 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
(quote) There are places in the UK where you can find idiots en masse

I used to live close to a place called South Molton (too close for comfort) down in sunny Devon, very scary people there, stay away, you have been warned.
Think webbed toes, lazy eyes, that sort of thing.

trogdor

posted on 20/4/07 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
in my own experiences i have found americans to be lovely people all the ones i have met and talked too. That said only 8% of americans have a passport so i wonder what the average american is like?

however i am not a fan of america the country, but then i ain't a fan of the uk either.

the video was really funny and unbelieveable that said i was talking to my girlfriend about it and she has some surprising shortcomings with geography and she is really intelligent so i guess it depends on the questions being asked!

whitestu

posted on 20/4/07 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
We've got plenty thickies too.

I met some English lads in Spain a few years ago who couldn't believe that I'd driven there.

They had absolutely no idea whereabouts on the planet they were.

Stu

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.