Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Kit Car Crisis
Northy

posted on 14/5/05 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Well I thought tonights was a bit better!

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
addison

posted on 14/5/05 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote
kit car crisis

after watching the program tonight,i have to laugh at the phrase chassis designer, imo it seems to be a very poor copy of something i have seen before.
on the subject of weld quality my 10 year old daughter can do better.

JoelP

posted on 15/5/05 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
i thought the show wasnt too bad - as already said by some, mark appears a tad naive about whats involved. plus, expecting a top ten finish when he himself admits he has no instinct regarding fast driving, is just daft. He should just aim to finish every race in his first season. does he think he's racing against a field of muppets?!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Northy

posted on 15/5/05 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
As I said though, I think its getting better, and it will further as he learns more

Some of the welding and design made me cringe however! I wasn't too keen on the design of the brake pedal It looked like a bird had sh*t on it!

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 15/5/05 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Northy
Some of the welding and design made me cringe however! I wasn't too keen on the design of the brake pedal

That worried me as well - looked like my first efforts at welding 6 years ago, before I found out how it's supposed to be done!

David

DaveFJ

posted on 15/5/05 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
The top (i think) engine mounts looked very flimsy and surely an engine like that needs to be braced in all planes of movement not just one ?

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

Northy

posted on 15/5/05 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
A lot of the brackets looked flimsy to me! Perhaps thats why some of them aledgedly fell off!

Graham

Dick Axtell

posted on 15/5/05 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lawnmower
Could rent a garage......., plus its not like you could just nip out and do a bit for 10minutes!

Too B***dy right, M8T!!!!

Wish I had enough space for a shed like that. Trouble is, SWMBO would take it over, for her garden plants & stuff.

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

DarrenW

posted on 16/5/05 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
I watched Sat nights episode for first time. Didnt seem too bad of a program. He on the sort of learning curve that a lot of us start on - albeit most of us would choose a simpler first project.

I liked his shed. Would have been better with bigger door and access to front of house!! Its one thing carrying bits thro house but how will he get car out??

Didnt think much of his supplier. Do they have shares in a washer factory?

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.