Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: harrogate to portugal drive
G.Man

posted on 24/10/06 at 06:14 AM Reply With Quote
TKS

The UK sva is EU recognised..

Thats why I was able to bring my car to cyprus..

Only problem was DVLA fecked up the paperwork

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

tks

posted on 24/10/06 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote
Are ya all sure??

Cyprus is ownen by england not??
Sow perhaps thats different.

anyway i hope its true because it wil mean the spanish goverment cant reject my import but i doupt it. Everyone says thats difficult!

Ask Alezz...Alez are ya there??

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

G.Man

posted on 24/10/06 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tks
Cyprus is ownen by england not??

Tks

LOLOLOL

Don't come to Cyprus and say that..

Cyprus has been an independant state since 1960 mate...

The EU freedom of movement rules mean that any vehicle legal in one EU member state is also legal in any other member state...

Its nothing to do with whether they are a british colony or otherwise..

Now, that doesnt mean that if you SVA and register the car in one member state some sort of tax wont be levied when you "bring it home" as the vehicle must have been owned for 6 months in your previous member state to qualify as tax free..

Its identical to normal car importation rules..

Trust me TKS this is an area I am expert on.. having been thru all the regs with a fine tooth comb over the last 10 months..

[Edited on 24/10/06 by G.Man]

tks

posted on 24/10/06 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
mhhh

oepsz sorry..

yesterday i talked to BOB and he said something about that.. he came with the idea for me to bring hte car to gibraltar??
but there isnīt a sva station there (obviously) i interpretended his words wrong..

sorry

Tks

NS Dev

posted on 24/10/06 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoaoCaldeira
You are getting just half of the fun that building and legalizing was.

. bought kit on the phone (never saw one in flesh, never drove one)
. March, 17, flew to UK with (pregnant) wife, bought a Mondeo near Manchester, bought a trailer near Stoke on Trent, drove to MNR
. met Marc and Chris
. collect kit
. drove back to Portugal
. build car (90% as Marc said)
. July, 25th, loaded the trailer and returned to UK with Joao Matoso.
. trailer went on eBay, Mondeo on Marc's hands, and VortX on finishing touches
. Me and Matoso... we got back on a motorcycle that I bought near Darley
. Missed the ferry to Santander, so I had to go to North France... and all the way down to Portugal
. MNR finished the car and SVAed it
. October, 14, Joao Matoso flew to Leeds, went to MNR, after never driving such a beast took off to Portsmouth, ferry to Bilbao (where he was treated as Schumacher ), and then to Lisbon (under HEAVY HEAVY rain and T-Storms).

Madness??? No way... pure absence of brain

The point is.. there is no point, just passion!

Defenetly it wouldn't be possible if there were no Marc or Chris, as they have been fabolous helping in everything.

THANKS MARC.
THANKS CHRIS.

Cheers to MNR.

Joao

PS: forgot to mention... not revealing his age, Matoso is old school... actually he is Before-School ... no... 57, actually

You are a complete nutcase!!!!

I have done some daft things in my life but that tops the lot!!!

Well done, glad you have it all sorted, that is the sort of spirit that is needed, think its called determination!!!!!!!

nice one!!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

chockymonster

posted on 24/10/06 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
Joao,

In the politest possible English:

You sir are a nutter!

Paul

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jcduroc

posted on 26/10/06 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chockymonster
Joao,

In the politest possible English:

You sir are a nutter!

Paul

Thanks Paul, I take that as a compliment.

João Matoso

JCM

Jonte

posted on 27/10/06 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G.Man

That doesnīt apply in sweden.
We canīt buy a amatuer built car in any other country and bring it here legally. Thereīs one exception, and that is if you live in for example U.K for a year and own that car for at least 12 months. After that you can drive it in sweden.

*Amateur built car is every car that isnīt built by a (as our goverment would say) real car manufactory. So a turn-key car from Ultima, Caterham or RH is classified as a amatuer built car

Click it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gergely

posted on 27/10/06 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Same thing I am planning to do. Buy kit in UK, get transport company to bring it to Hungary, build it, trailer it back to UK, SVA it and have it fully registered (not sure on whose name though as I imagine that you need utility bills in the UK and the rest to be able to insure the car...), once it is fully road legal, import it - trailer or drive - back to Hungary, where it would have to go through the Hungarian version of the MOT and get a licence plate...

That's theory, we'll see how it works in practice. As far as I know it has not been done by anyone yet in Hungary... I know of someone with a half built Fury who is not sure if he'll ever be able to drive it on the road...

I am confident that this theory works though...

As for Sweden I thought I heard that you have a sort of SVA in Sweden am I wrong?

Joaos, great story! Very similar to what I am planning! Great stuff!

Gergely

TimC

posted on 27/10/06 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jonte

We canīt buy a amatuer built car in any other country and bring it here legally. Thereīs one exception, and that is if you live in for example U.K for a year and own that car for at least 12 months. After that you can drive it in sweden.

*Amateur built car is every car that isnīt built by a (as our goverment would say) real car manufactory. So a turn-key car from Ultima, Caterham or RH is classified as a amatuer built car

That must be the price you pay for having the most beautiful women in the world...

[Edited on 27/10/06 by TimC]

G.Man

posted on 27/10/06 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jonte
quote:
Originally posted by G.Man

Then Sweden is in breach of its EU requirements, and that will change..

They are obliged to accept a vehicle imported from any other member state...

PROVIDED it passes their MOT test..

However who wants to move to a country with colder weather than UK with a locost anyway..

tks

posted on 27/10/06 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
No!

That words do axactly the rumours here in spain!

But there are more ways!! to rome also in sweden!

If you can get your car homologated to EU level. it will enter every country without a spark of problems!!!

Here in spain there exist a homologation company wich do just that. Homologate to EU level. problem is that it isnīt easy to cope with that!

If you reed this artikel, you will see that it states that it should be possible but like always some exeptions.

this is the link. (in the upper bar you can switch language)

LINK TO EU RULEZ SVA EU COUNTRY (ESPANOL)

LINK IN ENGLISH

LINK IN HUNGARIUNurl]

Regards,

Tks

[url=http://eur-lex.europa.eu/Result.do?chlang=nl&titre=titre&arg1=&Submit=Zoeken&RechType=RECH_mot&idRoot=1&arg0=31996Y0513(0 1)&arg2=&refinecode=LEG*T1=V100;T2=V1;T3=V1]MAIN LINK

[Edited on 27/10/06 by tks]

marc laptop

posted on 27/10/06 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
hi walter still havent recieved an email to mnrsportscars@btinternet.com from you what would the sender be displayed as ???????
Gergely

posted on 27/10/06 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Tks,

I can't seem to change the language in the link you sent... is it just me???

I am interested in what it says though...

Gergely

tks

posted on 27/10/06 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
marc

i have sended a new one.

the other wasn't sended sow nothing wrong with the damn computers

Cheers,

Walter

tks

posted on 27/10/06 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
I have added more languages..

i quote from the document

quote:

It follows that Member States may not object to the type-approval and registration of a vehicle previously type-approved and registered in another Member State, for reasons relating to the technical characteristics of that vehicle, unless the reasons specified in Article 36 or imperative considerations are involved, in which case they must state them in detail and substantiate them. The fact that a vehicle type-approved and registered in another Member State does not correspond to a type approved in the Member State of destination or that its technical characteristics differ from those laid down in the law of that State does not of itself constitute adequate grounds for refusing the type-approval and registration of the vehicle concerned.

Regards,

Tks

G.Man

posted on 27/10/06 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tks
That words do axactly the rumours here in spain!

But there are more ways!! to rome also in sweden!

If you can get your car homologated to EU level. it will enter every country without a spark of problems!!!

Here in spain there exist a homologation company wich do just that. Homologate to EU level. problem is that it isnīt easy to cope with that!

If you reed this artikel, you will see that it states that it should be possible but like always some exeptions.

this is the link. (in the upper bar you can switch language)

LINK TO EU RULEZ SVA EU COUNTRY (ESPANOL)

LINK IN ENGLISH

LINK IN HUNGARIUNurl]

Regards,

Tks

[url=http://eur-lex.europa.eu/Result.do?chlang=nl&titre=titre&arg1=&Submit=Zoeken&RechType=RECH_mot&idRoot=1&arg0=31996Y0513(0 1)&arg2=&refinecode=LEG*T1=V100;T2=V1;T3=V1]MAIN LINK

[Edited on 27/10/06 by tks]

TKS

I dont understand what you are saying...

The UK SVA test is an EU type Approval... Therefore to enter another EU member state it must merely pass their equivalent of an MOT/Safety test....

No member state can test a vehicle to a standard below that required for EU type approval, including emmissions...

quote:

Member States may not make the registration of a vehicle from another Member State, where it has been previously type-approved and registered, conditional upon its conformity with an approved type or upon its strict compliance with requirements in force on their territory. It should be borne in mind that this point only arises in the case of national type-approval since, where EC type-approval has been obtained, by definition it is valid for that model in all Member States.

Even if the SVA test is regarded as a national type approval, they must allow it entry and registration in another member state, it does not have to comply with local technical regulations... Except on safety grpunds which they must validate under article 36 and list before refusal..

This would not mean missing airbags etc it would mean inadequate brakes, safety devices etc etc.. ie you would have to think of it as less safe than a motorcycle before they could fail it...

[Edited on 27/10/06 by G.Man]

tks

posted on 27/10/06 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
Uhhh

Do you have prove wich says that the SVA is an EU homologation??

For example is there a homologation number on your car document??

Tks

G.Man

posted on 27/10/06 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
The SVA certificate number is printed on the V5 in the section, type approval number...

tks

posted on 27/10/06 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
can you give me a part of that number??

does it start with a e?

Regards,

Tks

p.d. iīm in no offence to you its just that i try to prepare my paperwork.

With proof material.

G.Man

posted on 27/10/06 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
No its starts with an AA, only EU type approval numbers start with a E, as they represent the Generic Type Approval not single vehicle approval

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_roads/documents/page/dft_roads_506874-01.hcsp

Full details of the scope and purpose of UK SVA is here..

tks

posted on 27/10/06 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Ok

Sow this is the proof that the SVA isnīt a EU homologation!!

Else it would start with a e number not??

you say that AA means EU, single aproval?

Tks

p.d. i hop you are right but wy spain etc. can reject those cars??

tks

posted on 27/10/06 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Who is right??

Sow who is right?

quote:

SVA checks that vehicles constructed for non-European Economic Area markets comply with British law.

Tks

Jonte

posted on 27/10/06 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
For first maybe this thread should be split in to 2 different, we are going OT here

My technical english isnīt so good and definatly not my bureaucratic english.

But as I understand these "kit-cars" are not crash tested, therefor not approved by swedish SVA as a "complete" car.
Then you donīt have the same builder for all of them. For example Caterham doesnīt build every Caterham thatīs on the road. But as for Ford, Lotus, Bentley and on, they are built by a company and then approved as a whole-built car (donīt know the correct word for that).

But for me this aint really a problem. Itīs rather easy to build a kit-car and get it approved here in sweden. The rules are mostly the same for the british SVA as for the swedish SVA.
But without those silly radius and rubbercovers on every nut and bolt

Click it

chockymonster

posted on 27/10/06 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
TKS,

In the UK the SVA test is used to make sure a car is fit for the UK roads. It stands for Single Vehicle Approval, it is used for one make cars (like ours) cars imported from abroad etc.

A lot of people have done the registration in the uk and then imported it to their own country, so stop panicking!

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content Đ 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [Đ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.