Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: AGM WLR
scootz

posted on 12/11/08 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
AGM WLR

Bit surprised this one doesn't come up a bit more often. Not seen one in the flesh, but the gallery pics look fab (not so sure about some of the colour schemes mind you!).

Prices seem good too... mind you, not sure why the 500BHP chassis costs twice as much???

Anyone seen one in the flesh? Anyone building one?

CraigJ

posted on 12/11/08 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
I like them and only live a few miles from the factory and i have never seen one on the road lol.

scootz

posted on 12/11/08 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Tis your civic duty to go and buy one Craig and report to the masses accordingly!
CraigJ

posted on 12/11/08 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
give me the money and i will be happy to

balidey

posted on 12/11/08 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Saw one on ebay a couple of years ago and loved it, yet saw one at a show and in the flesh I was a bit disapointed.
Looked great from certain angles, yet looked awful from other angles.

nick205

posted on 12/11/08 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
IIRC The chasis was an MK Engineering (pre-Sportscars) variant of the Original Indy chasis with outriggers to take the full bodywork.

I sat in the Cosworth engined demo car at Stoneleigh in 2003 or 4. It certainly looked the part, but needed some "finishing" work.

Never seen one since though.

Werner Van Loock

posted on 12/11/08 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
problem with the car is that it's bloody huge, so the looks scream out for huge power V8 type of engine wich brings you to the expensive chassis and expensive engine, braking, etc...

Otherwise it's a bit like the pinto powered cobra's

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
The Great Fandango

posted on 12/11/08 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
If you search the chronicles of this website you'll find a virtually identical thread started by myself a couple of years back.

After selling my Westfield I wanted to buy/build something a little different so visited the AGM workshop (hardly a factory - lol) in Barnsley...

Impressions were:

1. Absolutely stunning car to look at.

2. Disappointed it was based on a basic MK chassis.

3. There's a sh!t load of fibre-glass making the overall car absolutely BLOOMIN' MASSIVE (I doubt it would have fitted in my garage).

4. You do get the impression the car's a little hollow and smaller engines just don't do it justice. I expect it's quite a heavy car too.

5. The car has so much potential and a well finished one would definitely float my boat. The trouble is, all the WLR's I've seen have weren't finished to the standard I'd expect.

6. Was speaking to someone at Cadwell with one who swears the handling isn't up to the quality expected from this type of racer. In particular, the rear end really does need a dirty great spoiler to keep it pinned to the tarmac.

7. The prices for ready-built vehicles direct from AGM seemed a little high although I loved AGM's preferred choice of BMW powerplant/transmission.

About 18 months ago, the blue demonstrator was kicking around pistonheads. It was around £9,000 with a cosworth lump fitted.

At that same time, a chap was selling his V8 powered track racer for around £5,000. I was 24 hours too late as some chap from near Sunderland bought it. The new owner tried selling it to me for a load more, the cheeky begger!

lol

Anyways, glad I have my Velocity now.

[Edited on 12/11/08 by The Great Fandango]

He Who Dies With The Most Toys Dies The Happiest

scootz

posted on 13/11/08 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.