Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Erbauer 182 piece drill kit - 14.99 from screwfix (only 18 hours left)
paul the 6th

posted on 25/11/08 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Erbauer 182 piece drill kit - 14.99 from screwfix (only 18 hours left)

... and counting. Logged onto screwfix earlier to find this with a giant countdown of 18 hours left. Anyone had any experience with erbauer stuff before? Must be cheap-ish but if it does the job then hey how.

Frontpage: www.Screwfix.com
main offer: http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?fh_search=40735&ts=22311#

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
DarrenW

posted on 25/11/08 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Probs Ok for the casual DIYer. Would expect some breakages and early burn outs but depends on how often they will be used.

I might be able to beat that price for 204pc sets soon.

nick205

posted on 25/11/08 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Erbauer is Screfix's badged brand of stuff - most of it's OK for light to medium duty work.

Those mega value sets aren't usually such great value when you consider most of the bits probably won't get used. If you're after a set of bits for car building then a decent box set from 1-12mm dia in 0.5 steps should see you through.

splitrivet

posted on 25/11/08 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like shrunken version of the Aldi kit for the same money, bits last for years...as long as you dont use them. Loads of screwdriver bits of dubious quality and wood bits that are very good at drilling packs of butter as long as they arent too cold.
Cheers
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

indyian

posted on 25/11/08 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
we run a hard lanscaping company in pllymouth and ere kitted out with erbeau drilldrivers hammerdrills mitre saws compound mitre saws chisels ect ect and have never had a problem with electricals or bits and drills allthou there not the best in the world i would say they are good value for money and take a hamering from are boys
Peteff

posted on 30/11/08 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by splitrivet
Looks like shrunken version of the Aldi kit for the same money, bits last for years...as long as you dont use them.

I bought a smaller set from Aldi with Powercraft branding and the bits have taken everything in their stride. I drilled and repaired next door's cast iron gate in situ with them and the drills he was using wouldn't scratch it. I've been using them for months now and they still perform well. Erbauer use Mabuchi motors and metal gears in their drills and they are among the best.

[Edited on 30/11/08 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.