Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Forum member/builders needing a helpful visit
mr henderson

posted on 5/12/08 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Forum member/builders needing a helpful visit

Since starting my new build service I've had several replies, which is nice.

However, two of them have been from people who don't really need what I am offering (which is basically to take over what they are not able to continue with, for whatever reason). These are both people who are in the latter stages of their build, and who need help with spotting potential SVA issues, or with wiring, or with general checking over/sorting out.

They are both prepared to pay (my meagre fees anyway) for this assistance, and to be on hand throughout, so I'm sure that if anybody local to them were able to spare the time for a visit then they would be happy to pay the fuel involved and, I expect, provide a decent lunch, tea or whatever.

One of these guys is in Wiltshire and the other is in Lancashire. Neither are frequent posters but they are enthusiastic readers, and they both have BECs which they are keen to get finished soon (or at least before the IVA comes in next May)

If anyone is able to help out they can either post here or U2U me and I will pass their details on.

Also, if anyone else needs a 'helpful visit', then maybe this thread is their opportunity to ask for one

John

[Edited on 5/12/08 by mr henderson]

nick205

posted on 5/12/08 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Good on you John

aka Keith

posted on 5/12/08 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
John,

I have to say, that your posting was very honest of you and a credit to you - as you could have taken monies for the services.

Sums up what this site is about.

cheers and a beer from me
Craig

mr henderson

posted on 5/12/08 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aka Keith
John,

I have to say, that your posting was very honest of you and a credit to you - as you could have taken monies for the services.

Sums up what this site is about.

cheers and a beer from me
Craig

That's very nice of you to say that, but before anyone gets the impression that I'm actually a nice person, I have to say that in each case the gentlemen concerned are too far away from me to make a visit practical, and the work that needs dong on their cars is hardly worth bringing them to my workshop for.

John

simoto

posted on 5/12/08 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Yes very nice fella, I am one of the hopeless cases(my words not his) he is kindly reffering to.
I have a issues regarding sva and temporary physical restrictions due to racing injuries sutained in 07. This is causing me to get twitchy vis the sva time constraints.
I'm in Preston, lancs and my striker blade is nearly there, having only ever built race bikes though im struggling with setting up front end geometry for a car and a few other bits regarding sva.
Mostly confidence issues in reality i think but an experienced eye at this point would go a very long way.
Good tea/coffee and even money is offered if a lengthy visit or inconvenience is incurred. Garage is well lit, roomy and rather innadequatly heated im afraid.
Any help gratefully recieved.
Regards Si.

stupott901
Builder

Posts 163
Registered 11/2/08

Photo Archive Go!
Building: built mk indy blade now got a cobra

posted on 5/12/08 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
hi i am the other person john was on about needing help and yes he gave me a honest reply which im thankfull for cheers john
so if there is anyone near trowbridge good with electrics willing to help
i be willing to reimburse them
and cook a lunch for them
thanks stu

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.