Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Gunson Eezibleed worth getting?
Bluemoon

posted on 9/12/08 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Gunson Eezibleed worth getting?

Hi all,

About to bleed the brakes (for the first fill), is it worth getting an Eezibleed?

Or is the old school one way valve good enough?

Dan

thunderace

posted on 9/12/08 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
is it worth getting an Eezibleed?

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gunson-G4062-Eezibleed-Brake-And-Clutch-Bleeding-Kit_W0QQitemZ260314363811QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Hand_Tools_Equipment?hash=item26 0314363811&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A15%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

[Edited on 9/12/08 by thunderace]

RichardK

posted on 9/12/08 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
yes, defo

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bluemoon

posted on 9/12/08 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
Is the cheap wheel powered on o.k; or do I need the pro one?

Dan

BenB

posted on 9/12/08 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
For sure!! Very easy to use. A bit of PTFE tape round the threads on top of the bottle helps to keep the pressure in though....
fesycresy

posted on 9/12/08 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
I always thought they were a gimmick as I walked past then in Halfords.

Then when I couldn't get the air out of my brakes and after a poo load of fluid later I tried one.

Brakes done within 10 minutes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

splitrivet

posted on 9/12/08 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Best bit of kit this side of the black stump.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

mookaloid

posted on 9/12/08 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
If the above hasn't convinced you yet - yes they are great - don't even consider trying to do with out one!

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

JoelP

posted on 9/12/08 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
i was amazed how well it worked. First time i ever bled brakes i used one, and was driving 10 mins later.
Benzine

posted on 9/12/08 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
They're great. I did my clutch with one after much headscratching. There must have been an air bubble that manual bleeding just couldn't get rid of. Eazibleed pwned it in seconds. I used PTFE as BenB mentioned (thanks again!) and it stopped fluid leaking from the resevoir when using the kit.

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bluemoon

posted on 9/12/08 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
o.k ordered one from ebay... Wonder of internet connection when stuck in a M40 traffic jam!

Dan

Mr Whippy

posted on 9/12/08 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
I got one and chucked it in the bin lol

just wrap PTFE tape round the bleed screw thread and use rubber pipe (vacuum advance is the right bore) and a half filled jar, fail to see what’s so difficult about this job tbh quite an easy task even on your own

[Edited on 9/12/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

Alan B

posted on 9/12/08 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
..... Eazibleed pwned it in seconds.......

Eh?....

Benzine

posted on 9/12/08 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
it nuked it, nailed it, it won, it was great, it succeeded, it did a great job etc

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

Alan B

posted on 9/12/08 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
it nuked it, nailed it, it won, it was great, it succeeded, it did a great job etc

Gotcha...

Danozeman

posted on 9/12/08 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
They are handy for bleeding on your own. JUst dont have too much pressure in the tyre.

A cheaper option is a pipe with a screw in the end and a slit in the side and a milk bottle. Then all you need is a foot. The split will act as a 1 way valve.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

mediabloke

posted on 9/12/08 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
There are a couple of gadgets that do the trick. Mine is a length of hose with a non-return valve at the end. If Eezibleed is the same, it's a doddle. If anyone would struggle, it's me...

The old-skool lo-cost method needed a mate / kid tall enough to reach the brake pedal, a jar of brake fluid and a length of rubber hose. Doable but nowhere hear as easy....

Mansfield

posted on 9/12/08 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
2' of 6mm bore clear pipe from B&Q, a piece of string and an empty bottle of whisky works great for me on my own.

Sometimes I run out of string and I need a new bit of plastic pipe but I always have plenty empty whisky bottles.

britishtrident

posted on 9/12/08 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Even with the Eezibleed remember to give the pedal a couple of pumps to clear any air trapped in the mastercylinder bore.

Good tip is if you have rubber covered flexis you can control the fluid flow with a hose nip.
If not you can use one to control the fluid going in.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

02GF74

posted on 10/12/08 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
it is not major money and does work. be aware that you need to have a good seal on the cap otherewsie you get brake fluid pssing everywhere - no need to ask how I know that.

but locost solution is to make a one way vavle. a length of tubing from BQ, push in a short length of flared brake pipe with a 1.94 mm hole drilled in the side and other end sealed then put a length of tubing to cover the hole. et voila, a one way valve.

Peteff

posted on 10/12/08 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
Try a suction/vacuum bleeder.

We've used one on bike brakes which were unable to get working pumping and can't fit a cap on the M/C for Easibleed. They draw fluid from the nipple end. You need a compressor though.

Here's one.

[Edited on 10/12/08 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

MikeRJ

posted on 10/12/08 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Never had any problems with Easibleed, but you obviously have to be careful that you have the correct fitting cap and that the seal is in good condition. IME the people that say they are crap simply don't spend the time making sure it's properly connected.

The bits of rubber hose with a split in the end that you fit over the bleed nipple OTOH are pretty naff, and only work if you can get a good seal on the bleed nipple threads and if the system has a decent amount of fluid in it already. They are no use at all for bleeding a new system which is full of air.

Bluemoon

posted on 10/12/08 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Guys helpful advice as normal..

Dan

rusty nuts

posted on 10/12/08 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
I have had times when vacuum bleeding, split hoses and one way valves have failed to bleed systems and easibleed has worked in seconds. My old MG Midget clutch springs to mind.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.