Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Broken washing machine - lost receipt
Dangle_kt

posted on 18/12/08 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Broken washing machine - lost receipt

Hi guys,

Our washing machine has gone and broke!

I only got a few months ago, from comet, but I cant find my receipt.

I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to a replacement, as the product obviously wasn't up to the job.

They took my name and address when i ordered the machine, so they should be able to find me on the system, and prove I bought the thing, and so replace it too.

Anyone know if I'm right?

matt_claydon

posted on 18/12/08 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
You don't need a receipt to claim under your statutory rights (product must be fit for purpose etc), but you do need to prove where you bought it from. They will have records but if they don't play ball then a credit card statement would probably do the trick.
mr henderson

posted on 18/12/08 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt

I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to a replacement, as the product obviously wasn't up to the job.

Actually no. What you are entitled to is a free repair, carried out expeditiously. You will still need the receipt, but Comet should be able to provide a copy

John

BenB

posted on 18/12/08 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
CC bill should do it. Otherwise you could ask (under data protection act) to see any information Comet have on you. That would probably throw up a copy of their invoice. You might have to pay to gain access, although the maximum charge they demand is 10 quid....
chrsgrain

posted on 18/12/08 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
You don't need a till receipt - just something to show you bought it - bank statement if not bought on ccard will do it.

Chris

Spoing! - the sound of an irony meter breaking...

maartenromijn

posted on 18/12/08 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Didn't they tell you not to put engine part into the washing machine??

BLOG: http://thunderroad-super7.blogspot.com/

Mansfield

posted on 18/12/08 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hi guys,

Our washing machine has gone and broke!

I only got a few months ago, from comet, but I cant find my receipt.

They took my name and address when i ordered the machine, so they should be able to find me on the system, and prove I bought the thing, and so replace it too.

Anyone know if I'm right?

You are right. Our microwave went pop about a month before the 12 months guarantee was up and we had lost the receipt. We asked at the help desk and they showed us everything we had bought from them. No problems at all, dropped it off next day and was fixed the following day. The repair guy would have come to our house if required at no cost to us. It appeared to be up to them whether they repaired or replaced.

Just go and ask, you should be pleasantly suprised. He even cleaned it for us, more than we ever did in the previous 11 months.

EDIT - The microwave was from Comet and is still working fine.

[Edited on 18/12/08 by Mansfield]

joneh

posted on 18/12/08 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Up until 7 months ago I was a sales manager at vomet. All receipts are held on the computer, just tell them your postcode. It'll be inspected and then repaired. Can take up to 30 days though....

JoelP

posted on 18/1/12 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Imagine googling for this same problem (even same store!) and the first result being everyones favourite forum!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.