Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lamborghini Gallardo
GTAddict

posted on 27/1/04 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
Lamborghini Gallardo

We have a Lamborghini Gallardo in our press garage. While getting the car out on the road for an 'engineering evaluation' might be tricky, crawling all over the car with a good digital camera is certainly not outside my means.

Any requests for specific photos?

Mark.

tadltd

posted on 28/1/04 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Any pic's you can get under the bodywork would help me tremendously with another project I'm working on.

Areas like

1. front and rear suspension (wheels off)
  2. brake cooling
  3. engine cooling
  4. transaxle location
  5. engine location
  6. engine mounting
  7. exhaust runs
  8. heat protection/management (vents, heat shields, etc)
  9. body hinges and sealing
  10. fuel tank location
  11. any interior shots
  12. steering rack location
  13. storage space (boot?)

Just a couple then...!

Most of these will probably be difficult to get, I used to do something similar at Ford and know the related problems with trying to access areas for good photo's without stripping the car!

THANKS!

Steve.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tadltd

posted on 28/1/04 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
BTW - the Gallardo is my favourite car at the moment - I thinks it's the dog's danglies.

So you will understand when I call you a lucky bar-steward!

Steve (jealous as hell )

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 28/1/04 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
How odd....I answered this once and my post has vanished...

Anyway, pretty much as per Steve's requests mainly engine, trans, suspension, brakes etc.

Cheers,

Alan

sgraber

posted on 28/1/04 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Mark, I'm very curious to know who ye work for... Now why does your photo look so familiar? You writing for evo?

Everything mentioned above please.

Notice my avatar....

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

Alan B

posted on 28/1/04 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Steve...you must pay attention more...

Mark works for Aston Martin

sgraber

posted on 28/1/04 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
AHA!!! Shoulda known that.

I'm a very sloooow study...

Soooo:

That's why they have a Gallardo in the garage..... ..... .... ...

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

Alan B

posted on 28/1/04 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Well Ok...if you look at it THAT way.....
tadltd

posted on 28/1/04 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
Aston Martin???!!!

Now I'm even more jealous!

Steve.

GTAddict

posted on 30/1/04 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.

Someone's already had it on the ramps, so I shall try to find out who's got all the goodies.

You'll understand if I don't talk at length or detail about my job or what goes on at AML. Occasionally I'll throw in what's going on in competitor evaluation. I'll let you draw your own conclusions about what AML's next car will be from those.

Having said that, I am making myself known all over the company, and there's a fella in chassis who has a copy of Milliken and Milliken on his desk. After reading the Kimini site through (what a wicked little beast that is - kudos) I decided to wodge out £78 for my own copy.

Mark.

P.S. For those wanting to know: Yes, DB9 is very, very, very good indeed.

Peteff

posted on 30/1/04 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
That's the last time I lend them a car. Sneaky beggars.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

kb58

posted on 31/1/04 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GTAddict
...there's a fella in chassis who has a copy of Milliken and Milliken on his desk. After reading the Kimini site through (what a wicked little beast that is - kudos) I decided to wodge out £78 for my own copy.

Mark.

P.S. For those wanting to know: Yes, DB9 is very, very, very good indeed.

Thanks for the complement! About the Milliken book, it is "IT". If you can get your head around all the stuff in there you could apply for a position in your firm's Suspension Department. It's a hard core engineering book, and very, very useful. The only frustration with me, is/was how to quantify tire data. Nothing on the car is more important, and some of their equations expect tire data. I think it's fair to say none of us here have the tools to produce said data.

In any case, the equations are very useful. I input them all into Excel (a big job) but after that I could try all sorts of "what ifs." It was fun to move the battery one inch forward and see how the weight distribution and roll rates changed... but I digress.

BTW, Aston Martin has made some downright beautiful cars. Almost like artwork on wheels. I can only imagine what it's like working on such wonders.

[Edited on 31/1/04 by kb58]

rontyler

posted on 1/2/04 at 04:37 AM Reply With Quote
"About the Milliken book, it is "IT"

I'll second that. Although I don't have the aptitude to take full advantage of it, It has still been worth EVERY penny.

--rt

GTAddict

posted on 13/2/04 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for keeping everyone hanging on this. I can't find the bloke who took all the photos. I am still trying.

For those wondering what else I'm up to, for the first time I have found my 225hp/1100kg FTO really, really wanting in power. Putting a few miles on a DB9 kinda does that to you.

M.

tadltd

posted on 14/2/04 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
You just have to keep rubbing it in, don't you...!

Steve.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.