Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Some More !! - Central Heating Advice - Worcester Bosch 28i combi
Surrey Dave

posted on 2/1/09 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Some More !! - Central Heating Advice - Worcester Bosch 28i combi

How does one decide the level of the heat control on the front of the boiler , mine is set to 4 , why not just flat out??
cd.thomson

posted on 2/1/09 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave
How does one decide the level of the heat control on the front of the boiler , mine is set to 4 , why not just flat out??

The thermostat on my shower used to be broken, so the boiler level was set to the lowest that provided a bearable temperature when you're having a wash!

GasGasGas

posted on 2/1/09 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
The stat on the front of the boiler controls the temperature of the water leaving the boiler to the central heating system. Min is about 60c max about 80c, people tend to set boiler at a temperature they like the rads at, do bear in mind that the hotter the rad the quicker the house will heat up, and the less cycling on and off the boiler will do! the lower the temp at the boiler, about 65/70 will mean the boiler will spend more time working in or near the condensing temperature area!So probably just below mark 4 on the boiler, At the end of the day its a user control for you to set at what you feel comfortable with.
westf27

posted on 2/1/09 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
periodic firing of boiler off stat

Are you sure its not the reserve tank of hot water keeping temp.My Ariston does that to provide a more instant supply of water to the taps.It has an eco setting which stops it happening.Maybe your Bosch has this feature.Anyway Happy New Year and see you for a buttie in the Spring.

steve

Surrey Dave

posted on 2/1/09 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Wow!

Gas- Great , well I have turned it up a little as I think the rads could be a little warmer , and as you say heat up the house faster.

Steve.A - yes the boiler does has the water preheat function which I am used thearing occasionally during the night , but since the cold weather the boiler is running a lot more , (frostat) , I think you have answered my other question here !!, yes look forward to meeting up again at Newlands.

locoboy

posted on 2/1/09 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
my boiler is on the bloody blink, just reported it to british gas through their homecare scheme and Sunday afternoon is the earliest time they can get someone out to me - boo hoo, or should that be brrrrrrr brrrrrrr.

If you manually override the timer function it doesnt click and fire up like it should. -it doesnt work on timer either.
any ideas or things to check?

sorry for the hijack

ATB
Locoboy

JoelP

posted on 2/1/09 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locoboy
my boiler is on the bloody blink, just reported it to british gas through their homecare scheme and Sunday afternoon is the earliest time they can get someone out to me - boo hoo, or should that be brrrrrrr brrrrrrr.

If you manually override the timer function it doesnt click and fire up like it should. -it doesnt work on timer either.
any ideas or things to check?

sorry for the hijack

You mean it doesnt fire up under any circumstances? Ie no hot water and no rads? Is it combi or tank?

locoboy

posted on 2/1/09 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
combi no tank, and it doesnt fire at all, so no hat oater or heating at present!

ATB
Locoboy

joneh

posted on 2/1/09 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
My pilot light went out when I had the boiler set too high. It blew itself out. Check your pilot light, if its out turn it down and relight. You may need to look at the manual to get the gas flowing again and to prevent blowing yourself up.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.