Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WANTED: Transponder
andrews_45

posted on 5/1/09 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
WANTED: Transponder

Does anybody have one that they wish to sell me pls?
Ta

procomp

posted on 5/1/09 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Carl

I DO NOT have one for sale. However the BIO car will be needing one so if theres a second one around after Carl is sorted i would be interested.

Apologies for the blatant hijacking of the thread.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andrews_45

posted on 5/1/09 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Matt, we will be buying 2 for both cars. Maybe we could get a discount from the supplyer for 3? Let me know if you are interested and I'll give em a call...
procomp

posted on 6/1/09 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
HI carl

You'Ll be lucky. Them transponders where only £100 ish when first came out. Now they want £255. + p&p. Many have tried to get discounts but they know you need one to race so have the same line of reply for every one NO DISCOUNTS available. Mind you could try going to thier door direct. They are only in Tamworth.
You could time your self to see how long it takes to get there .

There's Rob Putnam on the classifieds section of the 750 site also looking for one with no reply for the last few months. Looks like having to resort to actualy buying one. Mind might go mad and buy one of there live dash boards with the live results and sector times all displayed live on a screen in the car. Now that is good as you can see who is on pole at any given time and what time he has done. And positions during the race. But then again it might just be too much info for my brain to process whith having to race aswell.

Cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andrews_45

posted on 7/1/09 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
leave it with me, I'll let you know. Its still worth a try. Will you be about on Sunday at NEC? I'll pop over and say hi if so, happy new year and say hi to your old man for me. See you on the grid!!
MK9R

posted on 8/1/09 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
I need one aswell, so if you do manage to get anything off add me to the list

I can't beleieve the price they go for on ebay, just seen a rechargable one go for £220, thats only a £50 saving

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

procomp

posted on 8/1/09 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Do you ever get the feeling your being held to ransom . Wouldn't have been so bad if there was a bit of competition in the market but they closed the other company down.

There is the other alternative to rent one for the individual races from the 750 MC but have a feeling it is £20 ish per race meeting. £20 x 7 = not worth it if doing all races plus it only covers one years events.
At the end of the day it's £255 that you have to pay out which is not that significant over the life of the race car.

Just had to pay £11 for the privilege of picking up a bottle of gas from BOC now that is being held to ransom.

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 8/1/09 by procomp]

MK9R

posted on 8/1/09 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
on a slightly different note, i assume its best to fit the transponder as far forward as possible in the car?

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

procomp

posted on 8/1/09 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Austen

Don'T open that can of worms . The racing clubs say fit them where you like as the position is erelevant due to the way that all the workings out are done on the computer. BUT when reading the bumf on the TSL website it says that all of the vehicles in the race should have them in identical positions or words to that effect.

I personally fit all ours on a bracket just behind the steering rack so that the transponder in virtually in line with the front hub centers. Seems to be a fair place to mount them never had one damaged and is relatively easy to get to if they need testing which they occasionally do if the system is not getting a clear signal from your transponder. Mind if you have the battery powered one it is easy to clip in and out. The battery lasts a good half season before needing a recharge i have been told.

Mind i think the best version is to have a battery powered one with a magnetic base so you can easily attach it to the most likely car to win without them noticing.

Cheers Matt

MK9R

posted on 8/1/09 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi Austen

Don'T open that can of worms . The racing clubs say fit them where you like as the position is erelevant due to the way that all the workings out are done on the computer. BUT when reading the bumf on the TSL website it says that all of the vehicles in the race should have them in identical positions or words to that effect.

I personally fit all ours on a bracket just behind the steering rack so that the transponder in virtually in line with the front hub centers. Seems to be a fair place to mount them never had one damaged and is relatively easy to get to if they need testing which they occasionally do if the system is not getting a clear signal from your transponder. Mind if you have the battery powered one it is easy to clip in and out. The battery lasts a good half season before needing a recharge i have been told.

Mind i think the best version is to have a battery powered one with a magnetic base so you can easily attach it to the most likely car to win without them noticing.

Cheers Matt

LOL. I'd seen cars with them on the passenger footwell, and was going to do the same, it was only when i saw the red car at yours on tuesday it made me think

[Edited on 8/1/09 by MK9R]

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

gixermark

posted on 16/1/09 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys,

i have a transponder I'd sell - its the yellow one used in karting, but is absolutely fine to use instead of the red tranx260 model normally used in cars

mine is a tranx160 - you can do your research and ask around etc...

I used this in '08 in my striker absolutely fine.. its the rechargeble type..

i have transponder, charger etc.. all you need is the £5 holder to bolt to the car..

for reference the only difference between these and the red ones - is that the one i have (tranX160) is rated to 160kmph at the beam pick up whereas the red ones (tranX260) are rated to 260kmph

yo uwill find lots of formula ford guys use these too, and other kit car folk...

Mark.

PS £100 posted if interested

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.