Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: locost related bad ebay supplier
cd.thomson

posted on 26/1/09 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
locost related bad ebay supplier

With the growing number of locosters who are fitting bike carbs/TBs to their CECs and indeed those after replacement parts for their BECs more and more of us are using bike part suppliers.

I'd just like to let people know that Black's (a supplier on ebay) are terrible . They don't have 100% feedback, but still something like 98% and I figured the few bad reports were kneejerk (maybe it was a day late in the post?). I ordered a set of 2002 R1 TBs + injectors from their shop 3 weeks ago. The postage was £12.50 for next day delivery which I was fine with as this is the part I'm waiting on for my engine build.

After 2 weeks passed with NO contact from Blacks I decided to give them a ring and was told they would ring me back later once they had found my paper work. Fair play. 2 more days passed before I decided to ring them again. After much passing the phone round they decided that the part that they had sold me didnt actually exist (despite the pictures) and I'd have to get a refund because they only had 2004 R1 TBs which were "different".

After explaining that I didn't care which set I got, and they could send me the 04 model as it was going on my Redtop they hastily told me they would ring me back. Half an hour later they rang and told me that the spacing on the 04 model was different so it wouldnt be viable on a custom manifold (not made yet ) (:mad but that they had sourced another set of 02 TBs and I'd get them the next day.

A week later and still nothing..

Craig

Flamez

posted on 26/1/09 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Got to say i have had excellent service from blacks, always ext day delivery and very fair on "make me an offer" deals.

my build mac1motorsports

Richard Quinn

posted on 26/1/09 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
I've bought a couple of things from Blacks and always have good service at a fair price.
cd.thomson

posted on 26/1/09 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
just me then, .

Doesnt really make a difference to the service I've been given though which is franklyn shocking.

Craig

dogwood

posted on 26/1/09 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
Seems like some you win some you lose..

I had a simlar problem with an electrical supplier on the Bay.
Always had good service from them.
Then ordered some stuff, 2 weeks later not arrived.
Didn't answer emails.
final got the stuff. it was not what I ordered.
sent it back, ordered again, out of stock

Gave up got a refund...
Didn't need a refund just the parts....

David

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

Benzine

posted on 26/1/09 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds naff, I'd go elsewhere straight away

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 26/1/09 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
That's shocking!!!

It's bizarre how bad some peoples customer service skills are. You would have thought if it was their bad they'd bend over backwards to correct it. But often they just get shirty and treat you like you're a trouble maker!!
I think the best option here is to state your expectations and what you intend to do from here. State a deadline.

I would send them a letter recorded delivery stating that they have a contract with you to deliver a set of R1 carbs via next day delivery. Explain that they are in breach not only of Ebay rules and regs but (more importantly) contract law!!

I would say that you expect delivery of the carbs by (let's be generous) 31st otherwise you will leave negative feedback, take up the case with Ebay and also take them to the small claims court on the grounds of the time you have had to spend liasing with them (and finding a different supplier) due to their breach of the contract.

It's up to them what they do from there. But their attitude stinks and I think they need to be made aware that they shouldn't agree to contractual obligations they can't (or can't be bothered to) fulfil......

cd.thomson

posted on 26/1/09 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
They have emailed me asking for feedback! I replied reminding them of my situation and they commented that they would refund my delivery costs, however they had no idea when the newly sourced TB's would be turning up.

I explained to them that this has affected my engine build plan and that it wasnt simply about the parts being late.

Not sure what to do now though, as noone seems to really know whats going on!

Craig

Benzine

posted on 26/1/09 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
Not sure what to do now though

do a barrel roll

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
markyb

posted on 26/1/09 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
I had a similar situation with Blacks where aset of igntion coils arrived without one of the connectors - despite sending 2 emails they did not reply so I ended up initiating a paypal dispute.

Within 24 hours they rang me and we resolved the issue but this was 3 weeks after ordering the parts.

Looking at their feedback their service appears spot on until you have an issue and this is where they fall down - I just happened to be one of the unlucky ones

omega 24 v6

posted on 26/1/09 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Was warned off of blacks a while ago by another locoster. Looks like it was not without good reason.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

ch1ll1

posted on 26/1/09 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
ive used them a few times
never had a problem,
but the last time was about a year ago !
not that it helps you

paul

cd.thomson

posted on 26/1/09 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Brilliant avatar..

I received my TB's at 8 this evening! A refund of the postage which was way out of line and I'll avoid giving them the negative feedback!

Now to figure out how to get them on the redtop

Craig

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.