Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: All the bit you need for a Locost Race Car
evanschris

posted on 3/2/09 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
All the bit you need for a Locost Race Car

I have collected most of the necessary bits to build a "new" car. There is an unrun Stuart Taylor(NOS) rolling chassis with additional bracing as per regulations with all suspension components, compete Caged roll cage kit(un-assembled needs welding up) with impact bar, new AVO dampers and springs, ST bracketed axle , re-cond uprights and calipers complete used set of fibreglass - scuttle, rear wings, 6 additional front wings. Also includes Scroth Harness , fibreglass seat , instruments, ST wiring harness, Aeroquip hoses and fuel lines. 4 Laser alloys with scrubbed 539's. choice of 3.9, 4.1 or 4.4 diffs. Rebuilt and spare gearboxes (4 speed - not GT) . Two propshafts, Stuart Taylor exhaust, ali bonnet,carb,ignition, fuel pump, tank,ST pedal set. The only things I know are missing are the ali panels side and rear, lights front and rear. Also include gel battery. choice of 2 race engines, 1 unrun built by Lee Baverstock,1 recently rebuilt both to ultimate racing spec.Not sure what this is all worth - I would prefer to sell as 1 lot so offers invited for the lot

Also forgot includes Rally Design quick rack with new urethane bushes, engine mounts, rain light, SPA extinguisher system, pipercross air filter

Price wise I suppose it would cost around £4k to buy this lot new - so base your offer on that minus depreciation of not having been built.

Sorry I haven't got time to answer phone calls about this as very busy trying at work - if you are interested please send U2U and I will call you back alternatively you can try me on 07881 493812. NOT interested in splitting at this stage.

[Edited on 3/2/09 by evanschris]

[Edited on 3/2/09 by evanschris]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

carpmart

posted on 3/2/09 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
OK, this post is meant as a friendly observation of how you can improve your chances of selling!

Saying that you are 'too busy to take calls' is not a good approach! Surely you HAVE to get yourself in a position take a call from someone who wants to buy??? How do you expect to sell this if someone can't talk to you about what you have for sale? Do you expect a u2u with an offer based on the limited description you have provided? I really think you would be better saying that you can only take calls in the eve or at weekends not no calls!

A guide price as a minimum you will accept will weed out the dreamers and tyre kickers not limiting your opportunity to sell to anyone by not taking ANY calls. My advice, put a price on the advert!

Good luck with the sale!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

repper

posted on 3/2/09 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
one woud have agree with out putting a price on your add seem like a waste off time advertising ?

unless its free then ill take it

[Edited on 3/2/09 by repper]

thunderace

posted on 3/2/09 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by repper
one woud have agree with out putting a price on your add seem like a waste off time advertising ?

unless its free then ill take it

[Edited on 3/2/09 by repper]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.