Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Raceleda Uprights
spdpug98

posted on 6/2/09 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Raceleda Uprights

Does anyone have any pictures of Raceleda uprights fitted with discs and calipers etc

I am waiting for my next set of suspension arms to be delivered by MNR so want to get them made up so when the arms arrive I can just mount them up, or if anyone has a link to any instructions on how to put them together

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

Davey D

posted on 6/2/09 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
i have some pics on my build diary:

graememk

posted on 6/2/09 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
now shoot me down if i'm wrong but isnt there something about these failing ?

fazerruss

posted on 6/2/09 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Mine are the RMD ones from Rally desighn. Dont know if they are the same make but they do like similar.
They also came with a test certificate for strength of the casting ect.

Forum Code: Description
Description

"if assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

spdpug98

posted on 7/2/09 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the pictures, I spent most of last night looking for details / diagrams on the internet as well and couldn't find anything...I thought the 'tinternet' had everything you could ever need

It's like Raceleda don't exist

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

procomp

posted on 7/2/09 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

RACELEDA do not exist anymore. They ceased trading some time ago and MNR took over the operation. I am sure Marc will be along and explain fully.

As to whether they break or not YES they do on a regular basis. At least 12 that are widely known about and even more that are not i would imagine. They all break in the same place.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Johneturbo

posted on 8/2/09 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thats not a nice picture to see.
i take it the breakages were pre MNR?

i had the steel ones last time, but upgraded to the raceleda ones for this build

marc n

posted on 10/2/09 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
hi all

Ones we had made for us have the top and bottom faces spot faced as can be seen by attached photo
Unfortunately raceleda disappeared rather suddenly, and we have no contact information or access to any records of what was supplied, and in what application it was used.
Whilst there appear to have been genuine breakages we have only been contacted by two people with such a problem, both when raceleda was still up and running, and neither have been on an MNR.
one is the picture above and the other was an identical style casting and failed in the same place both on car engined cars, and not on an MNR
Whilst we have been making a very similar looking variant, various changes and upgrades in specification have been made on the uprights and other compentry .
The lower portion of the upright below the steering arm location features a thicker web, and is spot faced where the balljoint is located. The top mounting point is also a spotfaced area where the balljoint mounts, the material specification also differs slightly on the casting
various other changes include different stub axles, rose pins, and a billet steering arm
Our recommendations for use of these units is limited to bike powered cars, and Cortina steel uprights should be used for car engine cars, or alternatively the steel fabricated version we make
I hope this helps clear up most queries, we take the matter very seriously, and invite those who have had any problems, or have any queries regarding the uprights even if they are raceleda supplied items to contact us for advice
Best regards
marc Rescued attachment up1.jpg
Rescued attachment up1.jpg

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Krismc

posted on 11/2/09 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Ive been happy untill i seen that last sentence,

quote:
Our recommendations for use of these units is limited to bike powered cars, and Cortina steel uprights should be used for car engine cars, or alternatively the steel fabricated version we make

I got them as you where switching over from raceleda to yourselves, but ive got a car engine in mine- im still ok right??

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

aitch

posted on 9/12/09 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Rally Designs uprights ok

just been on the phone for about half an hour with the owner of Rally Designs to check this out..

he assures me that in four years of producing these uprights that ARE based on the raceleader design they have supplied almost 300 pairs with absolutely no returns or advice of failure

Although based on raceleader design they are made using an LM25 casting by a major component manufacturer with strict quality control which is heat treated to avoid grain growth in the casting, this grain growth can be seen in the failed components,

although they specify a maximum vehicle weight of 700kg, this recommendation originally comes from the raceleader product and th rally designs are of a higher quality, that he knows of they have been used in at least 1 front engined V8 successfully.

i am after speaking with him more than confident in the product. If however your not convinced then Rally Design have bought up Fords stock of cortina uprights and they are selling them for i believe £90 a pair.

i wouldnt like to see anyones business damaged due another companies parts failing.

we will all make our own choice on this

Aitch

Gergely

posted on 10/12/09 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
This might help with the build of the assembly:

Link

Gergely

Our build pictures

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.