Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: diesel tune plug ins
Bitten hero

posted on 8/2/09 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
diesel tune plug ins

hi all, has anybody had any good or bad experiances with the plug in boxs to up power and torque of a diesel . got a 2.2 dci renault espace. any help pointers cheers gary
dinosaurjuice

posted on 8/2/09 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
www.tdoc.co.uk

youll find all you need to know there...

general opinion is that some work better than others, but its worth getting a proper re-map done.

will

Howlor

posted on 8/2/09 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
As far as I am aware there are basically two versions. The cheapies just adjust the inlet temperature measurement to make the ecu think it is cold all the time and over fuel the car. Not good.

The more expensive versions I understand actually adjust the boost, fuelling etc. I don't think though it is a substitute for a proper re-map.

Steve

kevmcdo

posted on 8/2/09 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
I have a discovery td5 that I have a VanAken box fitted to and it makes a huge differance.

It used to loose speed on hills and you would need to drop it down a gear, now it will hold fifth without loosing speed no worries.

It is defo better paying that bit extra for a reputable suuplier or a remap.

bigrich

posted on 8/2/09 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
My brother has a tuning box on his Vectra SRi 150, its pushing up towards 200 bhp and SO torquey. Very impresive

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

britishtrident

posted on 8/2/09 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
The Renault 2.2 DCI Diesel has a track record of turbo problems with the bits of turbo ending up in the cylinders. --- perhaps not the best choice to fit a black box to.
See
http://www.parkers.co.uk/advice/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18664&whichpage=5

I would advise leaving the enggine unmodified and chainging the oil at half the interval Renault recommend, using only the best fully synthetic oil, and allowing the engine to idle for at least a minute before you switch off.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

roadrunner

posted on 8/2/09 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
I had one on a MKIII golf , i payed £300 for it, two minutes and it was in. From a 90BHP diesel i could just pip 115BHP golfs, well worth the money.
greglogan

posted on 9/2/09 at 12:21 AM Reply With Quote
I put a cheapy one into a 100BHP Superb. It made a big difference but kept putting on the engine management light as it was messing with the fuel temp. Not worth the hassle as its a company car.

Greg.

Women are meant to be loved, not understood.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.