Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CHEAP LEGAL FILM DOWNLOADS
MakeEverything

posted on 4/3/09 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
CHEAP LEGAL FILM DOWNLOADS

http://www.zml.com/?uid=5205194

Reliable too. You can download in different formats, which varies the cost. Max $4.99 per film. Id download DIVX or .AVI format, which is DVD quality. It even gives you a link to a free CODEC donwload to ake sure they work on your player.

So far ive downloaded 38 films in the last three months. - Thats what you get from working nights!!!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

phoenix70

posted on 4/3/09 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to tell you this, but they ain't legal films.
MakeEverything

posted on 4/3/09 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
whys that then?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

MakeEverything

posted on 4/3/09 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
"6.1 All materials presented on this site are available for the distribution over the Internet in accordance with the license of the Russian Organization for multimedia and Digital Systems (ROMS) and intended for personal use only. Further distribution, resale or broadcasting is strictly prohibited."

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

phoenix70

posted on 4/3/09 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, but I didn't realise you were Russian. Cause for the rest of the world we need to look at

6.4 The Client has no right to download any Files from the Site if this violates the law of his country.

I assume by this they mean copyright laws too, so a russian site has no right to sell these anywhere but in Russia, and the reason they are doing from "Russia" is because the copyright laws are almost non-existant.

[Edited on 4/3/09 by phoenix70]

phoenix70

posted on 4/3/09 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
We could also go on to look at:

7.2 Site's Administration is not responsible for the quality or/and contents of the Files which are being provided access to.

If it All legal why this clause?
If you are paying for them why?

7.3 Site's Administration can not be held responsible for the further use of the Files downloaded by the Client.

i.e. you watch it, YOU are breaching copyright

7.5 The Client is responsible for downloading any materials (including Files) from the Site.

Basically mean we are giving you access to the files, you download it and watch it you are breaking the law NOT us.

Keith Weiland

posted on 4/3/09 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
You could download the same films just as legally for free with bit torrent.

[Edited on 4/3/2009 by Keith Weiland]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul TigerB6

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
I see on the front page they have Slumdog Millionairre advertised - its only been released at the cinema 8 weeks ago!! Safe to say thats not a legal UK download (or probably anywhere else for that matter)!!

MakeEverything

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Keith Weiland
You could download the same films just as legally for free with bit torrent.

lol, ill bet Phoenix has something to say about that!!!

As i understand it, and as was explained by a law practicing colleague;

The copyright is purchased in russia, as per the russian ROMS system, therefore, all duties for this copyright are paid at point of registration and as per clause 6.2;

"6.2 The Site remunerates the fees for every downloaded File in accordance with the license agreement. "

So as such, the films downloaded have had a copyright duty paid, and are legal.

The points Phoenix70 raised regarding section 7 are purely a Caveat to avoid support, and a disclaimer to say "once youve bought it, do what you want but its nothing to do with us!"

Anything else, or did you want to raise your blood pressure some more MR phoenix70?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

PhilCross66

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
If you use bit torrent you are file sharing something that is not yours so you are breaking the law.
If you download from them they are sharing the film, its they who are breaking the law.How can you be expected to know who is authorised to distribute every movie.

Keith Weiland

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, what I meant was that downloading copyrighted films using bit torrent is illegal in the UK and so is downloading from zml.com so, if you are doing it illegally anyway why pay for the privilege?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MakeEverything

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PhilCross66
If you use bit torrent you are file sharing something that is not yours so you are breaking the law.
If you download from them they are sharing the film, its they who are breaking the law.How can you be expected to know who is authorised to distribute every movie.

Phil,

What you say is quite correct, but in the eyes of the law, ignorance is no defence. I still see the terms of the site legal in black and white, and have had it checked. If its not true, then they are deceiving us, not the other way around and as you quite rightly say, are breaking the law, not us.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

Keith Weiland

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Ever heard of receiving stolen good? It is a crime even if you didn't know they were stolen. In this case you should know by the cost and by the fact that many aren't released for sale anywhere in the world that they aren't legal.

prawnabie

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry officer, I think you should arrest the guy who sold me the stolen telly, not me as I only bought/used it!
PhilCross66

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
I know what you are both saying but Im fairly sure that its still not illegal to download these files in the UK yet. Its a bit of a grey area that has been tightened up in some other countries.
I know trading standards are more interested in people who distribute or file share and have little interest in people who download for their own use.
The comparison to stolen goods is poor because you are not actually stealing anything, its just a copy, they still have the original

[Edited on 4/3/09 by PhilCross66]

MakeEverything

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I know what you are both saying but Im fairly sure that its still not illegal to download these files in the UK yet. Its a bit of a grey area that has been tightened up in some other countries.
I know trading standards are more interested in people who distribute or file share and have little interest in people who download for their own use.
The comparison to stolen goods is poor because you are not actually stealing anything, its just a copy, they still have the original

... And by their own admittance they are paying the copyright license fee.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

Keith Weiland

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

No? Does something have to be physical to be stolen?

MakeEverything

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

No? Does something have to be physical to be stolen?

Kinell, clutching at straws now. What do you mean does it have to be physical???

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Linky

Google again. They are fighting on there too!! Personally i still think downloading Slumdog Millionaire for example must be illegal in the UK. Would love to know if it isnt though!!

[Edited on 4/3/09 by Paul TigerB6]

Keith Weiland

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything

Kinell, clutching at straws now. What do you mean does it have to be physical???

Hardly. Is the value of a CD or a DVD in the material it is held on or in the Data? When you download these files you are stealing valuable data. It was recognised quite long ago that Data has value but can be easily copied compared to physical property which is why we have copyright laws. It doesn't matter how you try to twist it it is still theft.

MakeEverything

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Hardly. Is the value of a CD or a DVD in the material it is held on or in the Data? When you download these files you are stealing valuable data. It was recognised quite long ago that Data has value but can be easily copied compared to physical property which is why we have copyright laws. It doesn't matter how you try to twist it it is still theft.

Thing is Keith, Its not just downloaded, its paid for and downloaded under the information given in their terms of service, which leads me to believe that the download is legal.

If it were File Share, i would fully agree, and i have never done it, though know people that do. File Share has been condemned as illegal in the UK.

Downloading a film that has been paid for after being told that all copyright duty has been paid, isnt.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

PhilCross66

posted on 4/3/09 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Its not theft, those laws apply to physical theft not taking a copy. Would you be bothered if a car thief only copied your car and left you with the original.
There are laws aimed at stopping the distribution of these copies so you are clearly breaking the law if you sell or even give or lend these copies.
Maybe having copies is only a grey area, maybe trading standards have bigger fish to fry or maybe they have no case but I do know people with many copies who have had a visit from them and got to keep their collection. I also know people who were car booting dvds and got their collection seized, lost their pc's and got large fines

Keith Weiland

posted on 4/3/09 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

If it were File Share, i would fully agree, and i have never done it, though know people that do. File Share has been condemned as illegal in the UK.

Downloading a film that has been paid for after being told that all copyright duty has been paid, isnt.

All I can say is "Honest My Lord, I didn't know the Tele was stolen, the bloke said it was his to sell."

They are in a foreign country and whether or not they are breaking the laws of that country they are definitely breaking UK copyright laws and anyone downloading those files from the UK are breaking UK law.

Keith Weiland

posted on 4/3/09 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Its not theft, those laws apply to physical theft not taking a copy. Would you be bothered if a car thief only copied your car and left you with the original.
There are laws aimed at stopping the distribution of these copies so you are clearly breaking the law if you sell or even give or lend these copies.
Maybe having copies is only a grey area, maybe trading standards have bigger fish to fry or maybe they have no case but I do know people with many copies who have had a visit from them and got to keep their collection. I also know people who were car booting dvds and got their collection seized, lost their pc's and got large fines

I'm not saying that someone is going to come knocking on your door for downloading a few films but that doesn't make it legal. Distribution is clearly the greater crime that they will be going after.

PhilCross66

posted on 4/3/09 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
When you download off say Itunes how do you actually know they have the right to distribute the song. Im sure they say they have all the rights to the music but so does this Russian site. You could try the argument that surely they would be closed down but you could apply that to the Russian site too.
I know Itunes has in the past had songs on its site without licence to sell them so there must be some Itunes users about who should be arrested according to you.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.