Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Group Buy Chrome Dominator Headlights 105mm
russbost

posted on 12/3/09 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Group Buy Chrome Dominator Headlights 105mm

Hi All

Further to a couple of enquiries on another posting I am trying to organise another group buy of the Dominator 105mm basemount headlamps.

If I can get 10 orders I can do them at £52 a pair posted to UK mainland.

Sorry but can only do this price on the chrome ones as cannot buy black (or carbon) at a good price at present (£/$ exchange rate has screwed that - Thanks, Gordon & Alistair:mad If anyone wants black best price I can do for them is £63 pair posted.

These headlights have now been proved to pass SVA, contrary to some comments previously made - my Furore passed on 5th Jan this year with a pair fitted

[img] SVA Pass!!!
SVA Pass!!!
[/img]

As standard they have a flat beam pattern, but if you want the normal "kickup" to the left it's a simple matter of rotating the lamp slightly in the housing & filing a new slot - takes about 10 mins per lamp.

Payment can be by cheque or Paypal, please register your interest below or drop me an email/u2u

Cheers Russ

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Danozeman

posted on 12/3/09 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

As standard they have a flat beam pattern, but if you want the normal "kickup" to the left it's a simple matter of rotating the lamp slightly in the housing & filing a new slot - takes about 10 mins per lamp.

Youl have to do that to pass mot??

[Edited on 12/3/09 by Danozeman]

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

dhutch

posted on 12/3/09 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
Youl have to do that to pass mot??
[Edited on 12/3/09 by Danozeman]
The doesnt seam to be any fixed consensus on passing.
- Some have been known to be failed on them it seams, but yet many seam to have passed with them too.

Im just going to put mine through as-are and see what happens (came with car, clearly over a year old)

Daniel

dogwood

posted on 12/3/09 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Yea, I'm up for a pair of the chrome ones please.

U2U sent

Cheers David

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

russbost

posted on 12/3/09 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
I've attached below a writeup I've done b4 on the Dominator lights:-

"The headlamp pattern is described by the Manufacturer as flat & I was told by my SVA tester on 22/12/08 that a flat beam is completely legal in the UK, apparently it is the British/American beam pattern, however, most Mot (& SVA) testers expect to see a “kickup” to the left. If you look at the beam closely, it is in fact a shallow angle “V” which if you rotate the lamp by 15 degrees gives the required “kickup” for the standard UK beam pattern. Hence, remove the lens & file a new slot about 12-13mm to the right (when viewed from the front) to locate the lens. This is exactly how my Furore was presented for SVA test on 22/12/08 & the lights passed without any query whatsoever."

I would add that I queried this at some length with the tester (Peter at Edmonton) & he was adamant that providing there is no "kickup" to the right (ie LHD light pattern) then the lights would pass without modification. It is however one of these things which is down to the individual tester on the day.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
dogwood

posted on 12/3/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Just to add something to this

Because they don't have the kick up
they can be used in Europe, without putting sticky tape all over them,

David

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

dogwood

posted on 16/3/09 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
A little bumpette..

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.