Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: alarm
bone

posted on 21/3/09 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
alarm

just waiting for my plates on monday and ill be out in my zero oh yes the day has come weather its raining or not iama going out but now what sort of alarm is best ?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul TigerB6

posted on 21/3/09 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Fitted one this week with 001Ben on his car (along with an immobiliser). It was a motorbike one anyway and sounds if the car is rocked at all so it must be on some sort of gyroscopic / tilt sensor. There is a wire that can be cut to de-sensitise the alarm if needed but this is intact at the moment. It gives a warning if the car is touched rather than instantly going completely nuts so great to warn off the inquisitive.

Seems to work well so far anyway and only took a couple of hours to fit. Cant remember the make sorry but it seems logical to me that a bike alarm makes more sense to a se7en type car.

PS welcome to the asylum. Did anyone tell you that posting a pic of your new car is the law on here!! We Want Pics!!

[Edited on 21/3/09 by Paul TigerB6]

bone

posted on 21/3/09 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
ok

well because the law says i don't think i should do wrong engine sounds sweet and mpg lol Rescued attachment P140309_15.06.JPG
Rescued attachment P140309_15.06.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bone

posted on 21/3/09 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
this is mine just redoing dash with leathet
till monday[img]http://locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/a911284-P180309_19.41[02].JPG[/img]

MakeEverything

posted on 22/3/09 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
There are loads of cheap alarms on Ebay, but try and resist the temptation for some dodgy pager system. You get what you pay for, and ive had alarms fitted to all of my bikes at around £150-£200. MAke sure its a thatcham cat 1, as these are generally the best quality alarms on the market. Thatcham Cat 2 alarms will do also, but tend to be simpler and have less functionality.

Datatool seem to be the most common. Very good, and easy to use too with a maintenance function so that it doesnt go off when your fiddling. I think you can also add an additional sounder for extra Decibellage!!!!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

bone

posted on 22/3/09 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for the answers will get cat 1
still thinking about tracker as well?

Schrodinger

posted on 23/3/09 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
If you have a Thatcham alarm fitted and want your insurance co to recognise it then you will either have to get it professionally installed or find somebody to sing off the installation.

Keith
Aviemore

bone

posted on 23/3/09 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
toad

got a price of them how much £649 fitted din't think they was that much then £29 for 20 hit on web for the car finder that in the alarm
bone

posted on 23/3/09 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
camping or not

can you camp at delting kit car show or what do people normaly do as thinking of making the big drive there for the first time in car form manchester and staying over but camp or not is the question

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.