Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Emissions?
joemotion

posted on 24/3/09 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Emissions?

Down to the last of a long list of jobs to complete for my 2nd SVA test!

She failed big time on emissions and sounds a tad rough - can anyone recommend somewhere to go in Derby as the places ive called so far do not want to touch bike carbs and dont want her going somewhere that will make it worse!?

cd.thomson

posted on 24/3/09 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Joe, when I was working on the running of the 2.9 cosworth on bike carbs in my capri I would have had to go out of town to get them tuned properly. Theres noone in the area who had a RR and would happily fiddle with the setup. Bogg Bros is quite simply your best bet.

Sorry thats not very helpful.

Craig

afj

posted on 24/3/09 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
you could try top boss performance ive dropped a few moddified cars there- seem to know there stuff

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

joemotion

posted on 24/3/09 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Took my car to Top Boss for a few jobs recently i.e emissions, brakes and speedo set up - failed on em all at SVA despite me paying for them to be done so dont want it anywhere near that place as was taken for a ride!!

I have seen a place called Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield who have a rolling road and state they have experience on Caterham style cars - has anybody used them before?

http://www.noblemotorsport.co.uk/

foes

posted on 24/3/09 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joemotion
Took my car to Top Boss for a few jobs recently i.e emissions, brakes and speedo set up - failed on em all at SVA despite me paying for them to be done so dont want it anywhere near that place as was taken for a ride!!

I have seen a place called Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield who have a rolling road and state they have experience on Caterham style cars - has anybody used them before?

http://www.noblemotorsport.co.uk/

Yep i had a crx mapped there (dta ecu) a few years back, they are your best bet round here i'd say.

joemotion

posted on 26/3/09 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
right i have it booked in for Saturday morning at Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield - hopefully she will be purring like a kitten when she is done!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.