Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: stainless braided hose
chrisg

posted on 25/3/09 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
stainless braided hose

Can you use stainless braided fuel hose for the SVA/IVA?

I know that rubber hose has to be marked as being for unleaded, you wouldn't be able to have that with braided.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

omega0684

posted on 25/3/09 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
yup, i have stainless fuel hose throughout my car, just take some of the actual rubber fuel line (with the markings on) to show the SVA man if he asks.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mr henderson

posted on 26/3/09 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
Two cars I know of that were fitted with stainless braided fuel hose stank of petrol. Maybe there are some makes that don't do this.

I was working on such a car yesterday, and my wife can smell petrol on my breath this morning!

John

02GF74

posted on 26/3/09 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
^^^ firslyt I am not aware of there being different hose of leaded or unleaded.

As ^^^ say, hose needs to be marked - I have short lengths of bradied fuel hose on my carbs from the mechanical fuel pump and did not need to show any markings for SVA.

AS ^^^ says, there have been storoies of braided hose leaking and of course being braided, it is hard to see the hose itself fail - same goes for braided brake lines.

I purchased my braided hose by the meter (As oppsoed to the ready made lengths which may be different hose) from VWP - this is fitted in my Land Rovber, must be close to 8 years and not probs of leaking or smells of petrol.

chrisg

posted on 26/3/09 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies, I think I might stick to the ordinary rubber stuff.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

indyian

posted on 26/3/09 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
i had put stainless braided all thro the car and mr sva man would not pass it until i could prove it was within regulations .
proper braided hose has a a ring of stainless braid in the actual rubberer and anather ring almost melted into the outer of the rubber so you cant peel it back so i had to get hold of the manifacture and get a certifacate to prove it was made for this purpose was a right pain

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.