Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fly screen - problem?
FASTdan

posted on 26/3/09 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
fly screen - problem?

In my SVA lookover post a couple of people pointed out the flyscreen may be an issue regarding radius - so we've rounded the edges. However reading other posts everyone seems to recommend removing screens for the test - are we going to have an issue with ours (maybe demisting/wipers etc?) if we leave it on?

I'd take it off straight away except my mirror is suctioned onto it which would mean making a mount to come off the scuttle - not got that much time to SVA given the other stuff still left to do.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Steve Hignett

posted on 26/3/09 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
You can mount that type of mirror to the scuttle or the dash for the SVA, don't worry about it.

The rounded off of the edges is a fair point, but it's also a "field of view" issue, that's why it's just easier to remove it.

ATB

adithorp

posted on 26/3/09 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
I'd remove it.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

wilkingj

posted on 26/3/09 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
You can mount that type of mirror to the scuttle or the dash for the SVA, don't worry about it.

The rounded off of the edges is a fair point, but it's also a "field of view" issue, that's why it's just easier to remove it.

ATB

Where ever you fit the mirror, make sure you can see all the marks on the ground as per the SVA manual. Look in my Archive under Mirrors. All the marking out is in there.
I failed on Mirrors... Thats how I know

You only need washers, wipers, heater, if its tall enough to be deemed a windscreen.
They fit a jig on your seat, and the angles etc all dictate if its a windscreen or not.
So it can depend on your seat height on whether its a windscreen or not!

Best is to remove it completely, oe ensure it meets a flyscreen spec. Do a search on here, its all been explained before and with the diagrams for the SVA jig thing.

I used the SVA approved mirror from either SVC or Europa... cant remember which.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Schrodinger

posted on 26/3/09 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
IIRC you can't use a suction type mirror

Keith
Aviemore

foes

posted on 26/3/09 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger
IIRC you can't use a suction type mirror

Mine passed fine with one, again it probably depends on the examiner on the day...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.