Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA Registration Annoyance
tendoshingan

posted on 27/3/09 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
DVLA Registration Annoyance

I'v just posted this on Rhocar too but wanted to see if anyone else here has had the same b*ll*cks as me.

I passed SVA yesterday. Next step, registration.

Misses went to DVLA Theale today to try and sort out the inspection and to hand in all relevant forms (which took 8 days to arrive in the first place).

Firstly, the chap who is in charge of inspections is not in on Fridays.
So misses spoke to someone else on teh counter. She was told there were 2 options:

* Get home visit, but the chap is not there and this could take upto 6 WEEKS!!!
* or arrange to take the car (by bloody trailer at a cost of around £100) to Newbury (35 miles away), also told this only happens on a Tuesday and has to be booked in advance through the DVLA and this could also take upto 6 weeks.

WHAT A P#ss take.

At the cost of the trailer and van hire it looks like I will have to beg the chap on Monday (if he's in) to try and do a home visit.

Not a happy chappy

By the way the misses had to have a ticket to be seen cos there was a massive queue and her number was 666!!!!!

bone

posted on 27/3/09 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
hi taff

shes a devil in disguise haha . its only a couple a days more
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 28/3/09 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
By all accounts a common story

Chin up as said nearly there....

adithorp

posted on 28/3/09 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like normal procedure.

Either you get it to them (your responsibilty to transport it) or they come out and you have to pay for the 70 mile round trip and time they're out of the office (2+ hours in your case but has to cover anywhere in thier region). The 6 weeks is a wee take to get you there.

We've all been through it. Stick with it, 'cos it'll all fade away once you've got your plates and the sun comes out.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

rusty nuts

posted on 28/3/09 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Funny how the person that checks kit cars is always out of the office, on holiday etc when you go without an appointment??
BenB

posted on 28/3/09 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
You had to pay for the inspection? Not in my experience!!!

That's a bit cheeky if some offices are doing it! Bet it's not official policy either.....

FEZ1025

posted on 28/3/09 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Think if you read the post, you'll find the fee is to hire the van & trailer to take the car to DVLA but it might be me who read it wrong. However I do feel the DVLA like to make it difficult for people, must admit at Nottingham they seem to have it right. You choose a button which gets you a number & this get directed to a specific counter. This is manned by an experienced clerk who understands the system & knows the score. But you can only make an appointment at their leisure for the inspection. Although I went straight from VOSA with the MAC I had to not work another day, do a 80 mile round trip all for a 5 minute inspection.

Alan..

mad-butcher

posted on 28/3/09 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
instead of going on monday why not go on tuesday when you know he will be there for any inspections, also it's the end of the month so they will be busy with tax refunds and change of ownership etc

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.