Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: white vortx at daytuner today
bob tatt

posted on 28/3/09 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
white vortx at daytuner today

called upto see damien this morning and there was a lovely white vortx there, is it anyones on here. no plates so im assuming its not on the road yet. lovely build who ever did it.
jacko

posted on 28/3/09 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Is that near harrogate if so its Bobs Bangers of hear
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob tatt

posted on 28/3/09 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
it is near harrogate nice looking car take its pre sva at the moment.
jacko

posted on 28/3/09 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Bob has passed the sva last friday
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
thegasmen

posted on 28/3/09 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
white mnr

It was there last week if i remember its got a zx10r engine in it met the guy and his wife briefley mnr built it.

Mick

jacko

posted on 28/3/09 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thegasmen
It was there last week if i remember its got a zx10r engine in it met the guy and his wife briefley mnr built it.

Mick

It sounds like its Bobs zx10
it was built by Bob & Tim Windmill but Mnr has had it for getting it ready for sva and setting up

Andy W

posted on 28/3/09 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it's Roberts (bobs bangers) he's got VIB inspection on Monday, so should be on the road soon

Andy

[Edited on 28/3/09 by Andy W]

Andy W

posted on 28/3/09 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it's Roberts (bobs bangers) he's got VIB inspection on Monday, so should be on the road soon

Andy

Andy W

posted on 28/3/09 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote

Andy

bobs bangers

posted on 28/3/09 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Guess What ... It was me !!

I even drove it all the way home from Harrogate.Brrr Chilly !

Damien has done a fantastic job with the mapping. 143 bhp at the wheels.Not as much as I thought it would be but the car feels superb. Plenty of torque though, I believe the reverse saps a bit of power . I would be interested to hear any other zx10 owners thoughts on performance.I passed sva last week and took it straight to daytuner dyno and mapping. The car was built mainly by myself and Tim Windmill or perhaps that should be the other way round !! Jacko even helped us get it on the ground. MNR prepared it for SVA and fitted a couple of extras. It even got a few nods of appreciation on the way back. Being inspected Monday and then registered. Thanks for your comments I look forward to meeting a few more of you ! I saw the gasmen leaving daytuner today. I assume Damien has worked his magic on the bike engined dax. If your reading this Damien I managed 10000 rpm !!!! Not for long though .

Regards

Robert

bob tatt

posted on 29/3/09 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
ine was the mk with no engine in it at the mo top bloke is damien really knows his stuff. hes in the middle of rebuilding my busa after some oil starvation destroyed the crank. nice car how did you drive it home with no reg i thought you could only go to and from a prearranged mot or sva test.
bobs bangers

posted on 29/3/09 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
That looked a smart car too Bob. I like the full roll cage. I wonder if I should have gone down that route. I drove it back on trade plates fixed front and rear. Its the same as any unregistered new car now its passed sva and has certifiable chassis number. I have full Trade Insurance so its no problem. I needed to transport it to my place of business which I'm enitled to do. It would only become a grey area if I took it home VIA bridlington for fish and chips. !! We can even take a customer out on test drive in a new unregistered car with trade plates...Provided they are fixed correctly.

Regards

Robert

bob tatt

posted on 29/3/09 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
did you like my wheels they are bitching..
bobs bangers

posted on 29/3/09 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
bitching is a new one on me ! I just thought the car looked like a really well put together car.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.