Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Change of direction, 4.6 RV8 and bits for sale
mark chandler

posted on 11/4/09 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Change of direction, 4.6 RV8 and bits for sale

Hello

I have decided to change my next build direction from a v8 single seater to a two seater jag powered beast.

So I have a 4.6 rover engine with ported heads, 228 camshaft and heavy duty valve springs, this is then cobbled to an Audi transaxle which drops into my frame.

I have not touched any of this for a year as the frame distorted a little with the heat from welding, I then just lost interest.

The engine needs a new front cover, its has been converted to a distributor setup, it does however come with a twin plenum top, not the correct item but something I made up, Jag injectors etc.

This engine came out of a landrover I raced, it was very powerful, I also have a spare set of pistons which it will come with.

The gearbox has a RV8 adapator welded to it, modified auto bits and bobs to bolt up to audi flywheel and clutch... will it work, cannot tell you as I have never run it up.

Its all very grubby now as has sat around, anyway the whole lot £400, you collect.

Regards Mark Rescued attachment Chassis_engine_Sept_2007_small.JPG
Rescued attachment Chassis_engine_Sept_2007_small.JPG

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

robinj66

posted on 11/4/09 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
You have U2U

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.