Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what goes wrong with 2.8 diesel Shoguns?
NS Dev

posted on 12/4/09 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
what goes wrong with 2.8 diesel Shoguns?

just bought one off ebay, 1997, manual one.

what goes wrong, and where's a good place for service bits (like GSF for my beemer bits)

Anybody want my 1996 BMW 525 TDS touring manual for £700 ono before it goes on ebay?

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

CraigJ

posted on 12/4/09 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hope its not as bad as the 2.5. Mine used fuel like there was a hole in the bottom of the tank. Mates L200 was the same. My old Impreza turbo was better on fuel.

mr henderson

posted on 12/4/09 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
I reckon that's a good choice. I don't know what in particular might go wrong with it, but it is probably what I would have chosen were I in the same position

Shame the BMW doesn't have an auto box.

John

andybod

posted on 12/4/09 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
not a lot goes wrong with these as said can be thirsty easy to look after as for parts a little out your way but foreign autoparts in burton on trent normally carry service item's and will get you anything else you could need for them atb andy
off-road-ham

posted on 12/4/09 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
running veg oil (used chip fat) will damage the injector pump, otherwise they are reliable enough.
Schrodinger

posted on 12/4/09 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
I used to have a Pajero (Shogun import) and used Japarts but try any of the ones on this list http://www.pocuk.com/partssuppliers/index.htm

Keith
Aviemore

NS Dev

posted on 13/4/09 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
cheers folks!

Yep, i know they are pretty thirsty, but then so is everything that can tow 3 tonnes!! The only alternative was really a 7.5 tonner beavertail (even beavertail transits are not legal with a jag XJ on the back, whatever all those ebay transport companies may tell you.......if they crash with your car on the back, you're knackered, their insurance won't pay out as they will eb overweight) and 7.5 tonners aren't renowned for their frugality. Also my neighbours will complain when I park it outside the house!

I was looking for an LPG converted range rover, but to be brutally honest, they are all absolute shite unless you want to pay over 3 grand, and then you know that a year down the line they will be broken and worth less than a grand!

The Shogun was £1075 with tax and MOT, just hope its ok! Picking it up tomorrow.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.