Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: right to repair campaign
meany

posted on 14/4/09 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
right to repair campaign

please have a look at the below link and if you agree with the right to repair campaign then please sign the on-line petition if you have'nt already done so.

http://www.r2rc.co.uk/landing/index.htm

ashg

posted on 14/4/09 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
people just wont buy new cars if they can only be fixed at the Stealer. that will put the final nail in the already suffering car industry.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Daimo_45

posted on 14/4/09 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
Why don't the bellends put their prices down then and then they won't have to rely on legislation to save their asses.
dogwood

posted on 15/4/09 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
£130 to change the oil in my wife's new tintip

Yea right I'm going to pay that !!!!

David

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

Peteff

posted on 15/4/09 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
So the government is going to shut down all the car spares shops and come round to my house and steal my spanners I don't think their legislation will apply to the kind of cars I drive

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

iank

posted on 15/4/09 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
So the government is going to shut down all the car spares shops and come round to my house and steal my spanners I don't think their legislation will apply to the kind of cars I drive

Depends if the insurance companies make it a condition...

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Triton

posted on 15/4/09 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Civil war time!!!!!!!!!

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 15/4/09 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
scaremongery

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 15/4/09 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Civil war time!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!

We'll fight them on the forecourts, we'll fight them in the garages, we'll fight them at the till.....

Vindi_andy

posted on 15/4/09 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
"The European Commission proposal for a EURO VI Regulation, which contains important provisions on access to vehicle repair and maintenance information for Heavy Duty Vehicles, is now going through codecision procedure. Both the Transport and the Internal Market Committees of the European Parliament have already given their opinions and voted in favour of the transfer of all provisions on access to repair information from the Euro 5 Regulation to the new Euro VI Regulation. The leading Environment Committee will adopt its report in July."

What is the definition of Heavy Duty Vehicles. I suspect what this legislation is trying to do is stop people repairing their own HGVs and Large trucks to lower the no. of poorly maintanied vehicles of this type on the roads given there size and weight

MikeRJ

posted on 15/4/09 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
scaremongery

Nail, head.

britishtrident

posted on 15/4/09 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
scaremongery

Nail, head.

Not really but the danger is more manufacturers finding electronic ways of making life difficult. for the repairer.

For example you can't fit a new fuel injector to the latest generation of Ford diesels without A ford dealer programming its bar code in the EMS ECU..

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

spaximus

posted on 15/4/09 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
scaremongery

Nail, head.

It certainly is not scaremongery, the threat is very real. The manufactureres have had to be forced to disclose evry bit of information they have so far, and are now using loopholes in the rules to keep information back. The currant one is the safety and security angle which has meant that certain jobs have to go back to the dealer for a reset even where the job has been done elsewhere.
Manufacturers want to have a world where you buy a new car every two years and throw it away and get a new one. Hnece the heavy lobbying for the scrapage scheme that is going on at the moment. There is also talk of having cars only worked on by qualified people. Now some would say that will never happen, but you can only do work on your home electrics if a qualified electrical enginner signs it off now. If you house burns down and alterations have been made to the system without a check, watch how fast they will run.
The aftermarket repair indusrty is worth millions to the uk, the comapny OI work for employs over 600 people and has a turnover in excess of £100million pounds on car parts which all go into the aftermarket, if the loss of jobs and tax to the UK economy and the freedon to enjoy our hobbys is not worth making a fuss about I don't know what is.
Being involved at a senior level in the motor trade having done work for the IMI and the ADF both industry bodies, this is not being written by someone who doesn't have the facts.

mad4x4

posted on 15/4/09 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Ok well all well and good - But what can be done about. That campaign doesn't seem to have a "Sign the petition" link or

join up for More information Link.

So are we going to roll over and take it. Well probably were "British" we'll take it on the chin and say "oh well" .

However if we were "French" we would be buring tyres in the Street even at the mention of it. "Errect the barracades at the Ports" "Dump Potatoes or Dung" on the door step of number "10"

but of course hell no we can't do that "Were British!" we will do what we normally do

NOTHING!

Just like all complaints about cost of FUEL or Council Tax or VAT or Health Service or Imigration

WE DO B***ER ALL!

Be aswell all leave - if this was a country was company we'd all be looking for other jobs as working conditions are so bad.

[Edited on 15/404/09 by mad4x4]

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

spaximus

posted on 15/4/09 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad4x4
Ok well all well and good - But what can be done about. That campaign doesn't seem to have a "Sign the petition" link or

join up for More information Link.

So are we going to roll over and take it. Well probably were "British" we'll take it on the chin and say "oh well" .

However if we were "French" we would be buring tyres in the Street even at the mention of it. "Errect the barracades at the Ports" "Dump Potatoes or Dung" on the door step of number "10"

but of course hell no we can't do that "Were British!" we will do what we normally do

NOTHING!

Just like all complaints about cost of FUEL or Council Tax or VAT or Health Service or Imigration

WE DO B***ER ALL!

Be aswell all leave - if this was a country was company we'd all be looking for other jobs as working conditions are so bad.

If you got to the front page and click on the click here it akes you to the next page where there is a link at the top.

[Edited on 15/404/09 by mad4x4]

meany

posted on 15/4/09 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
there are 2 "click here" links on the page, one for the consumer and one for if your in the business.

cossey
Contributor

Posts 430
Registered 5/12/05
Location Kent

Photo Archive Go!
Building: a pile of bits that will someday be a fisher fury

posted on 15/4/09 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
quote:
quote:
scaremongery

Nail, head.

Not really but the danger is more manufacturers finding electronic ways of making life difficult. for the repairer.

For example you can't fit a new fuel injector to the latest generation of Ford diesels without A ford dealer programming its bar code in the EMS ECU..

i2c/ic3 codes

they are used on nearly every new diesel and most direct injection petrols.

its due to the emissions regs now covering a longer period of a vehicles life so there has to be delivery drift compensation and individual injector characterisation.

the same can be said for almost every other electronic gubbin on most cars they are there either because of emissions regs or because of the gerneral mechanical inneptitude of the average car owner.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.