Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Any MK or Aries Motorsport owners in Surrey area?
redbrix

posted on 15/4/09 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Any MK or Aries Motorsport owners in Surrey area?

Hi all,

Having completed a fair amount of research and visiting the Detling show at the weekend I have narrowed down my search to either an MK Indy or a Stuart Taylor/Aries Motorsport locost.

However I really cant make my mind up until I have been in one so I thought I might try and see if there were any local owners of either model who would be happy to take me for a blast?!!

I am also undecided about bike engine or car engine so would be very glad to hear from owners of either type

Many thanks

MK chippy

posted on 15/4/09 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I am also undecided about bike engine or car engine so would be very glad to hear from owners of either type

Many thanks

lol! Here we go again!

Bike engine!

aka Keith

posted on 15/4/09 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Where abouts in surrey are you? I am on the Berkshire/Surrey border.

Cheers
Craig

quote:
Originally posted by redbrix
Hi all,

Having completed a fair amount of research and visiting the Detling show at the weekend I have narrowed down my search to either an MK Indy or a Stuart Taylor/Aries Motorsport locost.

However I really cant make my mind up until I have been in one so I thought I might try and see if there were any local owners of either model who would be happy to take me for a blast?!!

Many thanks

BenB

posted on 15/4/09 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Ain't Surrey but it ain't far round the M25 (or through the middle on the train)....
tommyab

posted on 15/4/09 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, Im in surrey and an MK owner - unfortunately the MK is still mostly in bits.
Humbug

posted on 15/4/09 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi - I'm in Kent (but very close to the Surrey border ) and have got a Stuart Taylor
Hellfire

posted on 15/4/09 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Aries Motorsport are based in Derbyshire and MK Sportscars are about 45 minutes away. Why not have a trip up to both on a Saturday morning, you'd certainly be able to get a ride in a few MK's.

Then you'd just need to decide which chassis you want to fit your bike engine into

Phil

asl

posted on 15/4/09 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Guildford, with an MK indyblade. Happy to take you out.
Kriss

posted on 15/4/09 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Purley Indy R1
James

posted on 15/4/09 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
All these Guildford and Surrey people on this site and how many of them do we see up at Newlands Corner of a Sunday morning?!!!!

You're all invited and we don't bite!

Well, ok, Conrod does a bit if you make the mistake of looking like a Full English but that's all.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

goaty

posted on 16/4/09 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
I am in Surrey, sorry not got the above but will make a trip to Newlands once i back from my holiday in couple of weeks.
Prob the weekend after stoneleigh, which i hope to attend.

tommyab

posted on 16/4/09 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
All these Guildford and Surrey people on this site and how many of them do we see up at Newlands Corner of a Sunday morning?!!!!

You're all invited and we don't bite!

Well, ok, Conrod does a bit if you make the mistake of looking like a Full English but that's all.

Cheers,
James

Without a finished car would be like odd ones out

foes

posted on 18/4/09 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by redbrix
Hi all,

Many thanks

If i were you i'd take a drive up the m1 one saturday and visit aries (stuart taylor), mk and mac#1, they're all within about an hours drive of each other. I live local (well half hour ish drive) to all three.

That way you can make your own mind up, it's nice to listen to other peoples opinions, but at the end of the day it's your hard earned cash that your spending.

Even after saying that i will give you my opinion anyway. I finished building my stuart taylor last month, but if i was to build another one tomorrow then i'd go with mac#1....

redbrix

posted on 18/4/09 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Many thanks for all the responses. I think its a good idea to visit both factories on one day and get a view of the setup.

Wonder if I can fit in Tiger Racing in Wisbech too? Dammit I am trying to reduce my choices not increase it!

Cheers all

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.