Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Moved into new shop
C10CoryM

posted on 27/4/09 at 03:09 AM Reply With Quote
Moved into new shop

Still a terrible mess, and have some things to change, but I have most of my stuff in my new (rented) shop. It's in an ex-chicken barn thats been converted to seperate bays. 35x20', good power, good floor, good insulation, 10min from home. Not cheap, but my only other option was to rent a townhouse with a 2car garage which is more money and more risk.
So, as soon as I get some ****ing rivets (long story short, 4wks to get the right rivets), I can get started assembling the chassis.
Lousy pic sorry.

Cheers,
Cory

"Our watchword evermore shall be: The Maple Leaf Forever!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob tatt

posted on 27/4/09 at 05:57 AM Reply With Quote
very nice size lot biggger than my garage thats only 20 x 10 and i often bang my head back arm leg what ever on stuff and wish for more space. its on the wish list for the next house...
Benzine

posted on 27/4/09 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
That's quite spooky, I've just moved all my stuff into a workshop that used to be a chicken barn

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
oldtimer

posted on 27/4/09 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
What about all those homeless chickens?
jeffw

posted on 27/4/09 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
KFC
Fred W B

posted on 27/4/09 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
First thing I would do is ziptie lots of floresent strip lights to those condiuts on the roof. Wire them with flying leads to plugs and you can take them with you when you ever end the rental.

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 27/4/09 by Fred W B]

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

Hammerhead

posted on 27/4/09 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
That's quite spooky, I've just moved all my stuff into a workshop that used to be a chicken barn

cheep?

C10CoryM

posted on 28/4/09 at 02:01 AM Reply With Quote
I have some more lights in there now. It's bright enough for me. Just finished alarming it and bracing the door a bit more.
There are 3 barns, probably over 9000sq/ft each. One has been converted to seperate bays and 2 levels.
As for the chickies, I assume the sign out front that says "warning this area is quarantined" or similar means they ended up in an incinerator. There was a bird disease that went though here a while back.
Couple more things to do, then it's all about the car.
Cheers.

"Our watchword evermore shall be: The Maple Leaf Forever!"

David Jenkins

posted on 28/4/09 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by C10CoryM
As for the chickies, I assume the sign out front that says "warning this area is quarantined" or similar means they ended up in an incinerator. There was a bird disease that went though here a while back.

Probably bird flu - just so long as it wasn't pigs... er... hang on a minute!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.