Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Trying to find a specific F1 print
andyd

posted on 29/4/09 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Trying to find a specific F1 print

Years ago I went into a motor sport memorabilia shop and flicked through the F1 prints they had on sale. I came across one of the most memorable moments in F1 history which is Mansell overtaking Senna in the '91 Spanish GP down the main straight. Skid plate sparks etc. I think the print was titled "Wheel-to-wheel".

I've been looking for this print ever since as I didn't buy it at the time! I've never seen it on sale anywhere else.

Long shot - does anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on this print? I'm pretty sure I didn't dream it so convinced it was actually painted by somebody. It wasn't just a print of a TV pic, it was "original artwork" by someone.

Was of the image below...

Andy

matt_claydon

posted on 29/4/09 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Don't know about a painting but looks like you can buy an extremely high resolution version of the original photograph here and then get is printed onto canvas or similar.

Photo link

[Edited on 29/4/09 by matt_claydon]

andyd

posted on 29/4/09 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Matt. I'd rather have a painting of it but I guess if all else fails...

Andy

Mr Whippy

posted on 29/4/09 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyd
Thanks Matt. I'd rather have a painting of it but I guess if all else fails...

stick it through paintshop for that painted effect

actually it appears to have been a limited print run of only 350 and they've sold out...in 1991

Image deleted by owner

Website linky do

with a bit of Paintshop jiggery pokery I bet you could scale and clean that up so you could reprint it. Or go and see the original and take a sneaky photo

[Edited on 29/4/09 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyd

posted on 29/4/09 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for finding that Whippy. You really do spend your life on the 'net don't you?

Now that I see it though I'm very underwhelmed! Obviously it was many many years ago when I saw it and I was probably a teenager at the time.

Think I might either go for the actual photo or an entirely different print altogether.

Sorry to Andrew Kitson if he reads this!

Andy

Mr Whippy

posted on 29/4/09 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
yeah looks rather like the illustrations you use to get on the front of airfix kits, not the greatest piece of work

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.