Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Charity Skydive is nigh - To Infinity and Beyond! ++UPDATED++
JUD

posted on 1/5/09 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
The Charity Skydive is nigh - To Infinity and Beyond! ++UPDATED++

Right, firstly let me thank everybody once again for donating to Deb's charity skydive - the thread is here. We can't believe the response, and her original target was blown by the folks on LCB alone - so thank you very much.

Now the skydive is approaching fast, so time to see who would be interested for a run out to watch my missus chuck herself out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft!!

The dive is taking place on Sat 30th May at Hinton, which is near Banbury - so a reasonably central location. You can find it on google maps - here. The post code is NN13 5NS - their website is here. The jump will be any time between 9:00 and 12:00. so there may be a bit of hanging around waiting for our slot. We have checked with the airfield and they are happy for any number of people to attend - unfortunately you can't use the facilities as a track though

After the jump we intend to head back to our village for a BBQ at a mates farm - he is the guy that built my car and is a very useful chap to know. There will be loads of kit friendly parking. The village is Middle Barton, and I will provide the address details via U2U for any that want to attend.

All are welcome - you can use it as an excuse for a hoon out, loaf around watching loads of people chuck themselves earthwards, provide SWMBO moral support and then be fed on low quality burgers and bangers around lunchtime

Final arrangements - like the weather - will need tuning! So I will post updates on here in the run up to the 30th. We will run the BBQ from 13:00 - if we get back earlier from the jump I am sure there will be enough car related talk to keep people going until lunch.

Would be good to be able to thank all those that have donated - although the thing is open to anybody who wants to turn up and provide moral support!

Will keep all posted on the only thing that will stop the jump - weather. If it is rained off we will be organising another date.

If you can't get to the jump - I know it would mean a pretty early start for most to arrive at 9:00 - then you are more than welcome to the BBQ in the afternoon.

Please drop a reply on this thread if you want to come - I will need to plan how many burgers/bangers/veggie burgers/salad etc to get in . I will U2U the BBQ address by return.

Looking forward to the day - fingers crossed on the weather!

Cheers

Martin & Deb

P.S. Before anybody asks - no I am not jumping. Unfortunately I am too heavy for the aircraft - plus I am a chicken! Deb's brother has kindly volunteered as a fellow jumper, more fool him!

[Edited on 27/5/09 by JUD]

[Edited on 27/5/09 by JUD]

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

omega0684

posted on 1/5/09 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
R U SURE YOU WANT TO ADVERTISE FREE MEAT TO A BUNCH OF PETROL HEAD CARNIVORES

im sure that there will be a fair few that turn up and i will be along to support and watch if the weather is nice.

one burger and one sausage for me please, salad is always an option

All the best and keep us posted

Alex

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tendoshingan

posted on 1/5/09 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Depending on the weather and the missus's approval I may be up for that.
I skydive anyway so may look at a jump over there anyway.
Cheers
Ian

JUD

posted on 27/5/09 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
As per the original post - the jump is ON!!

Drop me a u2u if you want the details of the BBQ address.

Cheers

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.