Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FBB09 - 861 miles in 3 days
Guinness

posted on 17/5/09 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
FBB09 - 861 miles in 3 days

Well, I'm back home.

The NE7ER's set off from Newcastle early on Friday morning for our FBB09 (Fecking Big Blat) round Scotland.

Drove up to Oban, stayed there on Friday night. Saturday was up to Applecross, and then across to Granton on Spey. Sunday was the run home.

16 cars, 5 bikes and a support car / trailer. Open roads, beautiful scenary, beer, good company and a right laugh!

Can't wait for the next one!

Mike

BenB

posted on 17/5/09 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Wow. That's quite a journey!!!! Wot no Tour7 support lorry this time?!?
Guinness

posted on 17/5/09 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
I doubt the 7.5 tonner would have made it down some of the roads we've been along this weekend!

Yes, that was some mileage. Sort of high speed sightseeing tour of Scotland.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 17/5/09 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Well done

thegasmen

posted on 17/5/09 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
scotish blat

Ill second that but it was about 950 miles for me going from rainy leeds was a fantastic trip a chance of a lifetime recomend it to any one with a seven type kit looking forward to next years trip.

Expect we may see Peter with a new car by then

Regards Mick

omega 24 v6

posted on 17/5/09 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
WOW long run I hope you had better weather than we've had on the east coast. PIsh*ing down on friday and Saturday,

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

StevieB

posted on 17/5/09 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thegasmen

Expect we may see Peter with a new car by then

Regards Mick

The question is, will it have a bike engine?

I'm pi55ed off I had to cancel, but at least my Indy will be ready for the next one now that I have the noise issue sorted and can get the SVA re-test passed soon (cheers for the parts loan Mike, did the job - down to 95db before I'd even fitted the airbox).

PS Mike - job done and emailed over to your work email.

Dangle_kt

posted on 17/5/09 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
wow what a trip! Sounds incredable, did all the cars make it hitch free?
Guinness

posted on 17/5/09 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Steve! I'll have a look at it tomorrow when I have a work head on.

Did you check the noise before fitting the parts as a benchmark? Can you fit the airbox easily just in case my dB meter isn't accurate?

Dangle, we had a few mechanical problems en route. I snapped my throttle cable and split a hose in the cooling system. There were a couple of problems with engine mounts giving way / bolts sheering. And several cycle wings came off!

Mike

StevieB

posted on 17/5/09 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
Thanks Steve! I'll have a look at it tomorrow when I have a work head on.

Did you check the noise before fitting the parts as a benchmark? Can you fit the airbox easily just in case my dB meter isn't accurate?

Dangle, we had a few mechanical problems en route. I snapped my throttle cable and split a hose in the cooling system. There were a couple of problems with engine mounts giving way / bolts sheering. And several cycle wings came off!

Mike

I didn't check without the parts attached as the exhaust was already in bits and I couldn't be bothered to assemble it all to check it and pull apart again.

The airbox didn't fit at first as the back plate to my foam filter is much smaller, but I spent a few hours making up a new plate this afternoon which seems to have done the trick. I'll see how much more noie that's reduced through the week. I think even if you meter was a bit off, the difference in noise between the 95ish I was reading and the 103 at SVA is too massive.

Sounds like it was a fairly standard tour breakdown wise - I trust everyone managed to stick to the black bit and off the green/stone wall/hedge bits?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.